Chapter 14

Life- Just a four letter word, but it is 'the something' which is most important or is it even something? Everyone wants to live and does that in different ways. Some have a purpose and aim to live for, a motive to serve while some just go with the flow. Life can be hard you see there is not much difference if you observe because analytically both have the same number of letters, L-I-F-E = H-A-R-D. Life is hard but so should be our urge to survive. People say when you die your entire life flashes through your eyes so make sure that you have many good memories to remember.

Death- A five letter word, just only more letter than life and at the same time has a bigger impact on a person. Death comes either like a roller coaster or like a smooth riding horse. It obviously leaves an impact on the person but also leaves the other devastated. Everyone fears death, they try to escape it even though they know it's going to come eventually, Human nature you see. No one knows when it's going to knock at your door but when it does it glides over your world like the dark night.

This was what Adam was going to face today- death. And we were going to face a sense of accomplishment. I knew that it was going to be hard as it was the first time we would be actually killing someone but we knew we had to do it. He had killed many innocent people and played a major role in the assassination of my beloved family so today he would be having a piece of his own cake.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Kelly.

"Are you okay?"

"Huh yes, I am okay" I answered. Right now we were in the room which was in the warehouse, pretty surprising. The warehouse was in an isolated place and looked not too old but a perfect place for hiding. We were getting ready for the exhibition in an art museum. Our target Adam Connors was going to attend the exhibition in 'The Frick Collections'. I was wearing a black dress with a star-studded pattern on top. My hair was tied in a bun and a silver hand purse accompanied me. The look matched my state of mind, calm. Kelly wore a sleeveless Adrianna Papell floral gown along with minimum accessory which was unlike her usual dress sense which consisted mainly of accessories. We both had long dresses so our black shoes were hidden well. The dresses were quite comfortable which enabled us to be ready for any kind of action. Although we were going to disguise ourselves as men, we would initially enter as elegant women who are interested only in art.

"You seem to be thinking " She said

"Nothing was just wondering what if the mission does not go as planned" I said while fixing the bun.

"Oh don't worry. we are ready, everything will go as planned. Anyways we have the blessings of our parents and a tech genius."She said

"Ya you are right ..and from tech genius, I remember you both are going quite well. I mean I see you guys quite often together." I said and smirked.

"Don't you dare start your wild imaginations Ms. Alex Moore or else I will kill you" She said as she dramatically raised her hand failing to hide the blush creeping up on her cheeks

"You can't kill me you know." I said casually " But I warn you against falling in love with him. I don't want us to go astray from the mission. Falling in love will only make the mission harder. Just control your emotions" I said suddenly as all the expressions vanished from my face and I looked in the mirror. We didn't know much about Jeremy and I did not want my sister's heart to be broken, also it would really make the mission hard.

There was an awkward silence between us which was broken by a knock on the door and a familiar voice

"Are you guys gonna get out or you are planning to stay in for another one day or so." His voice cut in

"Coming" We said in unison

"Good lord finally out. So there is a change in plans" Jeremy continued