Chapter 12

A/N: This chaper has a leap of 3 years.

Alex's POV:

It's been three years since we have moved to New York. In these three years, a lot has changed, and the major change occurred in me. It's like I have realized the cruelty and hardships of life. My point of view towards life has changed. I am no longer the girl who used to look for happiness and optimism in life and who used to forgive people for smallest to biggest mistakes. I have now become merciless and ruthless, the good side of me has been buried deep in the grounds of my soul by my bad side. I am no longer open and welcoming; I have now built walls. Walls all around me, higher than the highest, stronger than the strongest and in short- unbreakable. And I am proud of these walls, the only person I let in is Kelly, but even she has restricted access. I am no longer the goody-two-shoes, who is meek and shy. Earlier my sole aim was to graduate, run my father's company, marry someone who loves me; but now, my sole aim is Vengeance, killing those who killed what was mine.

I was snapped out of my thoughts by Kelly.

"Whatcha thinking about? Something wrong?"

"Uh. nothing random thoughts." I said shaking my thoughts away " So where were we? umm.. yes we need to know the exact location of James before executing anything. And also,  we cannot stay here anymore we need a better place " I said pointing at the room. Yes, we had a room in an apartment in the midst of the city. The room was not too big and not too small. Of course, it had a kitchen and a bathroom. We did not have much money so we settled for less. In these three years, we also had not been in contact with Laura and Beth.

"New place what's wrong with this place?" she said pointing towards the room

"Privacy, after we start executing what we have planned we need a hideaway. We can't just let 3 years of planning go down the drain." I said

There was an awkward silence between us, the reason unknown and Kelly drifted her attention towards her phone 

"Got it!" She screamed

"What?"

"The person who would help us in the mission Alex " She said pointing towards the phone in her hand. "Jeremy Tanner, a blogger, kind of a social activist and from what I can see quite active on social media."

"So.. how can he help us?" I asked confused

"I have been observing him for some months now.. and from what I observed he is a huge antagonist of Mr. James, he has been opposing him since the beginning of time. Maybe we could pay him a little visit and have a little chit-chat." She said with her eyes sparkling with mischief

"Intelligent, nice idea and anyway we needed a tech master. See if you could extract his location." I said and grabbed the keys to my motorbike, yes we had bought one even though we were not so rich we had some sources "I will be in the gym"

"Okie Dokie. Bye." She said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

BAM!

There goes another target. Two in a row Baby!!

2 hours 50 correct shots, yes I was at the shooting place. I have been practicing shooting for a long time now.  After the gym, I went to the shooting arena, shot some bullets but now was tired. I packed my stuff and headed towards Starbucks, reaching the place I took my drink and sat down when Kelly's text popped up.

*Found him* Kelly

*Great coming. Still at home?* Alex

*Nope look towards the window* Kelly

I looked up to the window and saw Kelly waving her hand. She came in and sat next to me.

"How did you know where I was ?" I asked her

"This is your usual routine Alex" she said rolling her eyes at me. "Anyways see, this person Jeremy is going to be at a rally of people who are opposing James."

"Great and when is it ?"

"In an hour Alex, in an hour." she again said dramatically tapping her fingers on the table.

"What's with the behavior. Acting all preppy and ready?" I asked 

"Well it's is going to be our first secret plan execution, and I am excited " She said moving her hands

"Just don't do anything stupid " I mumbled

We went to our little home, got ready in normal clothes and a hoodie so as to make it less suspicious and got our guns and knife. Guns- yes you heard it right and the first question would be where we got them from. Well in these three years we did not just sit and planed but also once worked with an underground gang. Not illegal. Apparently, the gang was good but bad.

Once we were walking down the streets of New York in the night light where we faced some hooligans and some men, who tried to use their -note it- sick pickup lines on us. It was like a Deja Vu, but this time we were in better position. We were backfiring at them with our replies and got in a fight. We fought quite well but were suppressed as they had guns. They took us to their boss. There the boss recognized us as the daughters of the president and told us that he supported my father and his thoughts. Luckily he let us go and asked whether he could be of any help. He also told us that he was running an underground secret gang which was quite feared in the region and partially worked for the police catching other bad guys for them. We asked for guns and knives and he gave us that promising to keep supplying us when needed and keeping our promise always.

So this was how we had guns. We hid them in our boots and went for the rally.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We reached the rallying place and recognized Jeremy. All through the rally, we followed him and at the end of the day when he was going back alone, only the God knows why alone in a dark alleyway, we knew it was our chance. Putting our hoods up we sneaked up behind him and caught him by the collar before pushing him on the walls when no one was around

"I knew someday James was going to send men to kill me," he said

"It's no men we are women. Or girls" I said coldly which had become my natural way now.

"Girls? You nee-" He was saying

"And we mean business " Kelly said cutting him off

"Now if you have some sense and a good sight you would have seen that we have guns and are quite well versed on how to use them. So without any stupid actions, you will get out this alley and go to the nearest restaurant and reserve three seats without suspicion." I said

"And if you fail to do this you will be dead as a log of wood and don't think we can't catch you again if you run" Kelly said

"O-Okay I agree." He said and we kept the guns back in our pockets and went inside the nearest restaurant with a more civilized look on our faces. He ordered some food, we sat down and took off our hoods for some seconds to put it back on again before looking at him

His eyes widen along with ours as he said something we did not expect to listen from him...

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Heyy guys again this is an edited chapter. 

Edited on 26-12-2017

Hope you like it..

Vote, comment, share