Chapter 2

Wake me up by Avicci

Alex's POV:

The sound of the clock woke me and Kelly up. Since we were not morning people, we shut it off and slept again, tired from all the chaos my brother had made last night. But the peaceful, last minute, shutting the clock sleep did not last long as we were again woken up by our housemaid Laura. Unwillingly we got ready and went down for breakfast or let me rephrase it, Laura dragged us down towards the breakfast table muttering all the way about how irresponsible we were and that she was sick of us. She doesn't know what we have been through last night. I was surprised to see my parents on the table up and ready to go. They never were so ready early in the morning.

"Looks like you are joining us for today's breakfast before school or are you going to drop us to school?" I asked my parents.

"No Alex we have an urgent meeting today and you already have a driver to take you to school. This meeting is quite important. "Mom said

"But mom, you both went to a meeting yesterday too, and came so late, and today also you are going for one, early in the morning! When will you have time for me? You are always busy!" I said in a high voice standing from the chair I was sitting on, while Kelly munched her toast beside me like an innocent child.

My father slammed the newspaper down and said "Stop acting as if you are a small girl Alex. Don't forget that I am running for President, which includes a lot of work!"

I wonder will you be even there on my wedding day or my success parties or will you be in a meeting then too I murmured to myself. Sensing the tension between my parents and me Martha said

" Oh, Alex don't you worry, today I am going to stay with you guys rather than with your parents. For now, go to school with Kelly. Fine?"

"Fine," I said rather harshly as I grabbed my bag and a sandwich before practically running out the door. I heard my mom yelling 'manners' but I ignored her. It is not like that I don't like my parents, I love them, but they are never with me. It makes me sad.

"Woah that was hard" Kelly said.

"It had to come out someday! I mean, the last time we had a quality time was when I was 10. They have become more 'busy' lately "I said pursuing a lot of hand action... While explaining I move my hands so much that Kelly believes that either I am a ninja or was one. Funny little assumptions.

"Well, you are right, but don't worry, there must be some tension at work, it will settle down. Everything is going to be good." 

"Yeah stress from 7 years," I said, rolling my eyes, sarcasm flowing in my words. "Well, you know what, you are right, I should not take tension. On the bright side, Martha is going to spend time with us. She is really fun to be with." continuing I again started looking out the window.

We reached school after some time. The bell rang. I was lucky as I had biology not because I loved it, but because I had it with Kelly. We sat down and started our random talks when someone interrupted us.

"Hey, nerd, how you doing? Heard about the crisis in your family" Bethany said. Not this again! But wait...

"Crisis in my family? Well, Beth, I think you follow the wrong newspaper, oh wait you don't read one, I know it is too much for your brain. So, I guess it's a rumor which you are going to spread. Well then let me tell you this rumor is not humorous." I said blessing her with my sarcasm

"Well, that was a really bad comeback Alex- Rumour is not humorous? Who says it?" Kelly said after the class got over.

"I do. Oh, leave I know it was a bad comeback, but my brain stopped working when I heard about a crisis in my family. I don't know where she heard that" I said, sounding sad.

"You know it's not true right, she is just messing with you?" Kelly said

"Maybe"

"So, you are actually believing that rumourmonger Bethany. I wonder what's got in your head." 

"I guess I am exaggerating this, you are right, Oh, I am worrying so much I just need to have a deep sleep" I said.

The school got over and so did my worries. But now I was literally looking forward to Martha's visit.

I reached home and as usual, there was no one. I was once again alone. Even Matthew was out with his nanny. He preferred to stay at her house. I ate what was made by the cook for me and went to my room. Kelly went to her home after school, she had to do some work. Around 5, Martha came along with Kelly.

"I am glad you did not go with my parents" I said as I showed her in

"Well, I decided to spend some time with you guys instead. I know you are teenagers and are turning into big girls now, I wanted to relive my teen days. You know when I had those pretty little secrets" She said making a very strange hand movement as if she was trying to help spiders climb up a wall.

"We would love to share secrets with you Martha but sadly we don't have any" I said, taking out some food and water from the fridge.

"Mm... So, tell me does Kelly have a crush or a boyfriend?" She questioned suddenly and both Kelly and I choked on our water. What a straightforward nature.

"Mom??" Kelly exclaimed wiping away the spilled water

"Nope, she does not have any crush or boyfriend. You don't have to worry" I said doing the same

"Mom I would tell you if I did have a crush. Okay?" Kelly said

"I am not sure about that Kel. You tell me, does Alex have any crush or boyfriend?" Mrs. Alvin said and we again choked on our water. Looks like we will have a choke full night with her.

"No mom just leave it" Kelly said hunching her back and jumping on the sofa.

The whole night we watched movies and ate lots of popcorn. And suddenly something struck my head- a question which I knew that Martha would have an answer to, so I asked her.

"Um... Martha can I ask you something?" I said

"Go ahead Alex," she said filling her mouth with popcorns

"Well, I have seen my parents in a lot of worries, tension, and stress in these few days. I know I am young to poke my nose in their matters, but I want to know is there a special reason behind this?" I asked and there was a dead silence that lasted for approximately 2 minutes. I calculated it

"Alex, I think you should now know that..." She said

--------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note

Don't kill me, sorry I know it's not right to leave it here but let your horses of wild imagination run. That was dramatic.

Edited as if on 20-11-17

Vote

Comment

Follow