Chapter 8

A/N: I absolutely love this song. Scars to your Beautiful by Alessia Cara.

Alex's POV:

It's really hard to sleep when your friend is constantly jumping and shouting at the top of your head especially when you are already trying to protect yourself and your dear sleep from the sunshine. But it seems that neither Dear Nature nor my friend wants me to sleep peacefully and wake at a time that I find desirable and so here I was 'trying ' to sleep when Kelly was singing loudly and eventually making me roll over and fall from my bed on the floor with a great THUD!

"Why?" I groaned as sun rays felt more intense on my face as if mocking me that no matter what I had to wake up.

"Cause it's morning " She said in a 'duh' tone " and also I can't see anyone sleep in front of my eyes when I am awake " she said innocently and I groaned again tucking my head under the pillow which had fallen off with me.

"Oh come on wake up sleeping beauty, oh no beast would suit you better" she continued and started laughing pointing at me.

Wondering why she was laughing at me, I got up and saw my reflection in the mirror and to be honest, I got a little scared too. I agree I don't have the best hair in the morning but today they looked even worse, The strands were falling from my hair, the small amount of hair left in my ponytail seemed to have a different shock wave going through them.All in all, my hair was looking like a dense part of the Amazon Forest, wonder what died in them. 

Groaning again, I ran towards the washroom before Kelly could and quickly stripped off before turning the shower on letting the lukewarm water flow through my body.I took my sweet time and got out all dressed and before Kelly could say anything I hurried down towards the kitchen for breakfast. Reaching the kitchen an ambrosial smell hit me, Laura had made pancakes and Beth was already up eating. I sat on the dining table and started savoring my sweet pancakes. After some time I felt Kelly sit next to me equally enjoying the pancakes. Since today was our first day at the cafe, we had to look at the arrangements, so we set out for the cafe.

"Oh just so you know, I have already given an order for the mike, it would be delivered today before 12 pm, then you may continue with your plans" Laura informed us as soon as we reached the cafe.

"That great, thanks, Laura," Kelly and I said in unison

"Oh Look it's already here " Laura said just as a young man came into the store along with a package. Laura paid for it and he left.

We unboxed it quickly and found a mike with fairly good speakers, fortunately, they could be charged. We asked Laura to come along with us but she said she had to take care of the café in case someone came. We carried the box to the park and started setting it up. Looking at us people around the place started gathering.

When everything was set up and enough people had gathered Kelly announced about my performance. The people of this town had definitely not seen something so spontaneous so everyone seemed intrigued. I was nervous, of course, no one knew about my singing except Kelly and my bathroom walls.  I started singing a song which I totally adored. Scars to your beautiful by Alessia Cara. We had this karaoke type thing for the instrumentals and so I began.

She just wants to be beautiful
She goes unnoticed, she knows no limits,
She craves attention, she praises an image,
She prays to be sculpted by the sculptor
Oh she don't see the light that's shining
Deeper than the eyes can find it
Maybe we have made her blind
So she tries to cover up her pain and cut her woes away
'Cause cover girls don't cry after their face is made

I waited for some seconds but looking at all the amused faces I was motivated.

But there's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark
You should know you're beautiful just the way you are
And you don't have to change a thing
The world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful
Oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh
And you don't have to change a thing
The world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful

She has dreams to be an envy, so she's starving
You know, "Covergirls eat nothing."
She says, "Beauty is pain and there's beauty in everything."
"What's a little bit of hunger?"
"I could go a little while longer," she fades away
She don't see her perfect, she don't understand she's worth it
Or that beauty goes deeper than the surface
Ah oh, ah ah oh,
So to all the girls that are hurting
Let me be your mirror, help you see a little bit clearer
The light that shines within

There's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark
You should know you're beautiful just the way you are
And you don't have to change a thing
The world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful
Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh
And you don't have to change a thing
The world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful

There's a hope that's waiting for you in the dark
You should know you're beautiful just the way you are
And you don't have to change a thing
The world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're beautiful
Whoa-oh-oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh-oh, whoa-oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh
And you don't have to change a thing
The world could change its heart
No scars to your beautiful, we're stars and we're Beautiful

Vengeance Of The Lost..On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara