Chapter 18- Birthday Morning

Jess woke up, and for some reason not by her alarm clock. She looked at it and saw it was 5:54. Why did she wake up so early? Weird.

She had 6 more minutes of sleep, but she just decided to stay wake, because once she is awoken, she can't go back to sleep.

Like every morning, she rubbed her eyes. And stretched her tired arms and back. But something was bugging Jess, as if she was forgetting something important.

That's when it hit her; today was her birthday. But she wasn't sixteen yet. She officially turned sixteen at 10:17 pm. That's when she wasn't fifteen anymore.

It was Sunday, neither of her parents were going to work today! Which was a first, to be honest.

Jess ran downstairs, ignoring the mess in her room. She dashed down the stairs, not worring about the fact that she could fall and get seriously get injured!

But when she arrived in the kitchen she didn't see her parents. There was a small not that read, 'Sorry Jessica. We had to run some errands. We love you! Happy Birthday!  - Mom and Dad <3'

Tears started to run down her cheek. How did she not expect this! Of course they had to leave. They probably just hate her and want to get away from her.

She sat down on the kitchen chair, not even bothering to eat some breakfast, she just lost her appetite.

What a way to start off my birthday . . . She thought in her head as she played around with her fingers. She might as well eat some breakfast.

Jess took out the bread and made put some in the toaster. She put the bread back, and went to go make some eggs.

She took out the pan and put it on the stove. She turned it on, and cracked the eggs on the side of the pan. She only made two, because she wasn't really hungry.

While she was cooking them, she heard her phone ring on the table. She couldn't get it, because she was making the eggs.

She got out a plate, for when the eggs were ready. The toast pop out, and nearly gave Jess a heart attack. She quicklt grabbed it and put it on the side of her plate.

Her eggs finished, so she flipped them on the plate, right besides her toast, that was nearly burnt if she hadnt saved it from the evil toaster!

The fridge swung open when she put her hand on the handle. She scanned the fridge, and found some butter and orange juice! Yes.

Carefully, she took out a knife, and spread the butter on the toast. She put the butter away when she was done, and put the knife in the sink.

Jess grabbed a cup from the overboard and poured some Orange juice in it. And she put it away.

She sat down at the table with her plate of food. She grabbed her fork and took a piece of egg. She was about to eat it, when her phone rang again.

Jess groaned loudly, and grabbed her phone and asneered it, "WHAT?!?!?!?!"

 "Well someone is in a bad mood," Said Okward, shocked.

She gasped and replied quickly, "Oh my gawd Okward, I am so sorry. It's just that I wanna eat my breakfast already!"

"Okay then, I guess I gotta say this quickly. Happy birthday, cousin!" He shouted with joy.

Jess giggled, "Thanks a lot Okward. Your the first one to tell me, in person!" She frowned, and looked at the note on the table.

He giggled nervously, "Jess I am guessing you haven't looked outside. Or have you?"

"No! Why would I-" She cut herself off when she looked outside the kitchen window.

Everything was covered in a white blanket, the ground, the trees, everything!

"It started snowing outside last night at midnight. Good news is that it stoped around four. So they managed to get a'll the snow off the roads." He said, happily.

Jess was gonna cry. It was so beautiful. She was so happy. "It's amazing Okward! I love it!"

"Yeah, I'm gonna go, so I can let you eat breakfast. Bye Jess." He said.

Jess yelled on the phone, "Forget breakfast! I'm playing in the snow!"

"Oh Jess one last thing!"

She replied, "Yeah?"

"Due to the snow, were not gonna have school tomorrow! So you can stay up as long as you want." Said Okward.

Jess screamed to the top of her lungs, "It's a birthday miricle!"

He laughed, "Bye bye Jess. In joy your birthday."

"Bye!"

She quickly ate her breakfast, she stuffed her face with the toast, shoved the eggs down her throat, and chugged the Orange juice quickly. No time for breakfast! It was a snow day!

Jess ran upstairs in her bedroom, and got changed. She put on snow pants, two pants, snow boots, a beanie, and her fluffy jacket that had finally finished washing.

She jumped out the window- (Nah I am just kidding guys. I would never make Jess jump out a window. Maybe I should make Dawn do that . . .)

All of the sudden she got a text.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Max: What's up?

Jess: SNOW

Max: Guessing you like snow.

Jess: You got no idea!

Max: Lol . . . So I know what we be doing tonight.

Jess: Oh what?

Max: I'm not telling you. But We will pick you up at 5:30 or so.

Jess: Alrighty then! See you then. Also I am guessing you want you jacket back.

Max: You keep it. Wearing it every time you need me. Plus you look cute in it ;) 

Jess: Bye! See you at 5:30!