Chapter 30- Bad Timing

The kiss was soft and slowed. It wasn't rushed at all. It was Jess' first kiss, and it was with Max.

Wait, did this mean Max liked her as well? Well, he was kissing her. And he was the one that kissed her first!

This is the happiest Jess has ever been in her entire life. Her greatest memories, her best moments, couldn't beat this feeling right now. She was truly happy.

They pulled away from the kiss, and looked each in the eye. He smiled at her, and Jess smiled back brightly.

"Jess, I have liked you since the day I saw you. You were my first friend, ever since we were partnered up in cooking class. Your beautiful, pure hearted, and hilarious. I just didn't think you would feel the same way. I never knew you wanted to tell me." He blurted out.

Jess smiled, and replied, "Max, I really like you. I never knew you felt the same." She smiled and hugged him.

"I do, Jess. I really like you." Max said.

They pulled away from the hug, and looked at each other in the eyes. Jess being smaller, had to look up at him.

Max leaned in, for another kiss, and Jess leaned in as well. They were about to kiss, when...

Buzz!

Buzz!

Buzz!

Jess phone rang out, and she grabbed it. "Um, I got to take this." Jess said, nervously.

"Um, yeah. I will wait right here." Max said, blushing.

She picked up her phone and ran into the kitchen. She didn't even look at the caller id.

When she answered it, she whispered shouted, "WHAT DO YOU WANT?"

"Jess I am panicing! My date with Cory is today and I am freaking out!" A fimilar voice squealed.

"That's serious why you called?" Yelled Jess, filled with rage and anger. The red blush was now red anger.

Shelby said, "Why? Did I call at a bad time?"

Jess sighed and said, "Not going to lie, you called at a very, very bad time!"

"Why? What happened?" Asked Shelby over the phone.

That's when Jess told her everything that happened. To when Max came, to when they kissed. Everything.

"Oh my gosh I am so sorry! I didn't realized I called at a very bad time! Oh my gosh I am so, so, so sorry Jess!" Shelby shouted.

Jess replied, "Its fine."

"So, are you guys dating now?" Asked Shelby, giggling.

She shouted, "No!"

"Whatever you say, Jess!" Said Shelby.

Jess sighed and replied, "Whatever, so what do you need help with?"

"Can you come over later to help me get ready, please?" Begged Shelby.

She answered, "Okay, okay. I'll be over there at five o'clock. Bye!"

"Bye Jess! Thank You! Have fun with Max." Squealed Shelby, as she hung up.

Jess ran back into the living room and saw Max still sitting there, looking at the ground. He looked up and saw Jess. He smiled brightly.

"Hey, who called?" He asked.