Chapter 2- Max

The bus ride to the school was quiet. The guy next to her was to busy on his phone to even look at Jess.

So she went back to watching YouTube. This time she was listening to music. It was Hide Away by Daya. Her favorite song.

She stared out the window. She saw the houses past by. It was a much beautiful then Okasis.

All of the sudden she heard a swear. She looked at the guy next to her. She then looked at his phone. It only had a black screen, and she could see the guys reflection perfectly. His phone was dead.

She scooted away from him slightly. She looked past him, and saw Shelby and Ross looking at her with fear in their eyes.

Finally the bus stopped in front of the school. When Jess got off the bus, she got pulled aside by Shelby and Ross.

Shelby still looked scared. Almost terrified. "Do you know who was sitting next to you?" Asked Shelby.

"No," replied Jess. How in the world was she suppose to know, she was new!

Ross spoke this time. "That was Max Mithzan. The biggest bully of them all. He has been in so many fights, and has gotten in trouble then any kid has.

"He has hurt countless of people. Including girls. No matter what gender they are, he will hurt you if you be on his bad side." Shelby said.

Jess gulped. This school year already was off to a bad start. "Oh," was all she said.

"If you want to be safe, stay away from that boy." Replied Ross.

Jess nodded her head yes. "Okay."

Shelby grabbed her arm. "Now let's go or we will be late!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The school was huge, but not as big as Okasis Prep. Okasis has a four story school. With more classes then you can count.

"Alright what's you first class?" Asked Shelby.

Jess took out her schedule. She scanned her list and moaned. "I have math!" Her worst subject.

Shelby replied, "It is okay. Math is actually really easy in this school. You and Ross have it together. I have reading."

"Okay," said Jess as she followed Ross to there classroom. Shelby went the other direction, so she must be going to reading.

It was total silence. Until Ross said, "Don't worry. Math is a piece of cake. I haven't met one person that hasn't gotten a B+ or higher."

That made Jess feel better. "Okay thanks."

"And if you still need help, I am right here." He replied. Jess only smiled.

They finally got to their class. It was a regular sized classroom. But in Okasis their classrooms were huge!

Ross sat in the front. Jess sat next to him, making her sit directly in front of the teacher. The tarty bell hasnt rang, so they must be early.

Jess waited for class to start. She looked around and saw that the classroom was starting to fill up. There were people talking, chatting, and talking away.

Suddenly the teacher walked in. She was a young lady with brown hair, and green emerald eyes. She wore green glasses with a green sweater.

Everyone grew quiet and took their seats. Jess jumped a little when the teacher spoke. "Hello everyone. My name is Mrs. Miller, and I will be your math teacher.

She wrote her name on the board in big bold letters so everyone could see. She sat back down in her chair and looked at a list.

"I will be taking attendance, so listen carefully for you name." She said as she scanned her list.