Chapter 16- Ride Home

Jess opened her locker. She saw the many pictures of her and Okward. And by many, just three. One when they were kids. Second, a selfie when they were kids. And last was a selfie of them, on her last day.

It was twI days later. She was counting down the days in her head as if she was a calendar. Only two days to go.

She opened her backpack and dumped her books in. Only five more minutes until she had to go home. Yes!

Today was rough. So many test and quizes. Her head hurt so much. She couldn't wait to go home.

Jess put her math book in their. And accidentally dropped the rest of them on the floor. Perfect.

Everyone started pointing and laughing at her. It reminded her of O'kasis. Alone. Afraid. Scare

That's when everyone stopped in perfect harmony. Weird. As if someone pressed the pause button.

She looked up and saw why. Max got down by Jess side and helped her pick up her books. That's right, Jess forgot. Everyone feared him.

"Here, let me help you." He said, picking up her books off the floor.

She replied quickly, "Oh, no. That's okay. I can do it myself." She picked up the remaining books.

"No I insist." He said, handing back her other books to her.

Jess put them in her locker. And took one last look at the photos of her and Onward. She signed.

"Is that you and you cousin that you told me about?" Asked Max, as he glanced at the photos on her locker.

She signed again and replied, "Yeah. I really miss him. He was my only friend."

He put a hand on her shoulder, and replied, "Now you have six new friends. That really care about you."

"Heh. Thanks Max." She simply reply.

Max laughed and said, "Your welcome. I really epreciate your exists."

She laughed. Jess slammed her locker shut. Blocking the photos of Onward out of her view.

The bell rang loudly through the halls. Students rushed out the door to go home.

There was pushing and shoving all around them. Nobody was safe in the halls! That's when someone accidentally shoved Jess into Max.

"Oh, uh . . . S- sorry." She studderred. She looked up directly at Max, who was about twice her size!

He blushed deeply, "It's alright. We should probably go to the buses now. It will miss them."

She nodded her head yes, "Yeah let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They ran towards the buses, in the cold October weather. It was freezing.

Jess and Max boarded the bus. She saw Shelby sitting next to Tiffany. And Ross sitting next to Tim, again.

They made there way towards the back, were they always sit. Where they first met.

Only then did Jess realize. "Crap!" She whispered shouted loud enough that Max heard.

He looked concerned, as he sat down next to her. "What happened? What's wrong?"

"No wonder I was cold! I forgot my jacket in my reading class. Dam it!"

Max started to take off his jacket. Reveling his black short sleeve shirt. "Here." He said.

He handed it over to her. When Jess refused, he simply put it on her. Jess blushed a deep, deep red.

"U-uh . . . T-thanks." She studderred as she put her arms through the sleeves. It was big on her, but it was okay.

Jess then noticed that Max was also blushing a deep shade of red. "Your welcome."

"So, you turn sixteen in two days." He smirked. She looked up at his broan eyes, and red hair that looked like flames.

She nodded her head. "Yeah. It's not gonna make such a difference. Just another year old."

He agreed, but sooner said, "But we will be the same age."

"Yeah for like a month! Your birth day is in November, isn't it? Then you'll be 17."

(A/N Oh my Irene. I just realized Jess is older then Max in real life. Isn't she?)

He frowned and said, "Oh yeah. That sucks. I forgot about that."

"Yeah. But again, what difference is there? Right now your sixteen and I'm fifteen. Just gonna be the same." She signed sadly.

He signed as well, "So, what do you want for you birthday? Anything, and I'll get it for you."

She thought for a moment. "Nothing really. I'll be fine with anything you get me. Honest."

He frowned and replied, "Are you serious? Isn't there anything in the entire world that you have wanted?"

"No. You don't even have to get me anything. Really. As long as your my friend, I'll be fine."

Again, Max blushed a deep shade of red. "Jessica Aphmau Phoenix, I'm getting you something for you birthday. Whether you like it or not!"

"Fine, I know there is no point of arguing with you. Bcause you'll just win." Pouted Jess as she crossed her arms over her chest.

Max shouted cheerfully, "Max never loses!" He threw his arms in the air.

"Didn't I beat you at Mario Cart that one time? At my house? When we made the cake?" She asked, smirking an evil grin.

He put his arms down. And thought for a moment. "S- shut up!" He pouted.

She laughed her adorable laugh. "Oh I remember that day. We got an A- on that cake. Remember?"

"That was the best day of my life. It was the day I realized I wanted to be your friend." He said. Smiling brighter then the sun.

If only he knew I liked him. She thought. "Wait . . . Didn't you say you hated me that day?"

He frowned. "Oh yeah. But you know I was just kidding, right? I will always be your friend."

She did a small gasp. Did I just get friend zoned? She thought. Of course I did.

She grew silent. "Jess, you okay? Got a little quiet there." Asked Max.

Just tell him. Just tell him.

"Max I need to tell you something! Really important." She whispered Jess. This is it.

"Yeah Jess?"

She took a deep breath, "Max I-"

Jess got caught off by the bus vaulting foward. This was Max's stop.

"Sorry Jess. Gotta go. Tell me later. Bye!" He said.

She frowned. "Bye." Only then, did she realized she was wearing his jacket still. And she didn't take it off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Merry Christmas!

Feliz Navidad!

Hope Santa got you all what you wanted. My little dinosaurs.

I got a new cell phone! So updates will be so much faster! Expet new chapters soon!

Buh- Byeeeeee!

Also I am gonna go back and name each chapter.