Chapter 19- Ross' Singing

Jess opened her closet and scanned for a cute shirt to wear. She didn't want something that stood out, but something fit in. She wanted to look her best in front of her friends. It was her birthday after all.

      It was currently four thirty. She had an hour to take a shower, get dressed, brush her hair, and teeth, then leave! She had to be quick.

      But she couldn't choose an outfit! Shelby texted her earlier and told her to wear something comfy, and that she could move in. Whatever that meant.

      She finally chose a black long sleeve shirt, that said 'Fearless' in big, bold, white letters. She grabbed her black jeans, and white converse.

      Jess left her room and went across the hall to the bathroom. Which was technically hers, because her parents have there own. So Jess has this bathroom all to herself.

      It was freezing, so she took a hot shower. She put her close aside and jumped in the shower. Surely, it was hot. But it felt nice.

      Jess grabbed her favorite shampoo, coconut, and scribbed her hair. She also used her favorite body wash, vanilla.

      When she got done, she dried herself off and changed into her clothes. She took one look in the mirror. She had to admit, she looked really cute.

      Her long, black hair was still wet, so she decided to use her hair
dryer. She grabbed it, and turned it on. She then slowly started to dry her hair.

      Once her hair was done, she brushed it with her purple hair brush. She let it flow down to her shoulders, not bothering to put it up.

      She put on a little chapstick, strawberry flavored. Her favorite. All she could do now was wait. And it was 5:15.

      Jess went to her room to grab her remaining stuff. She put on Max's jacket, which was now hers. She also grabbed her purse, and put her cell phone in it.

      Her heart was beating so fast. She was so excited, and nervous. Jess ran downstair and sat on the couch., waitimy for her friends.

      It was so weird. Nobody has ever done this for her. It was so sweet. She couldn't imagine her life without hrd friends.

      That's when her phone started ringing. She got out her phone and answered the phone. "Hello?"

      "Hi Jess. It's mom. Sorry but we are gonna be a tad lare home. Your father is caught up in work." Her mother Jess. She frowned.

      Jess took a deep breath and replied, "It's no problem mom. I understand. You guys gotta work. I get it."

      Her mother sighed. She said in a sad tone, "Look sweetie, I know this is like every year. But it's not our faults. We will make it up to you. Promise."

      By now, Jess felt like crying. "It's fine. Some friends of mine are taking me out for my birthday anyway. Is that okay with you?"

      She heard her mother gasp i joy and say, "Of course sweetie. You deserve to go out and have some fun."

      "Thanks mom. And due to the snow, we are not gonna have school tomorrow." Replied Jess. It was weird how the snow came so early this year.

      Her mother claimed, "Yeah I know. Stay out for as long as you want to. To midnight if you want!"

      Jess laughed and said, "Thanks mom. But I can assure you I'll be back by then. Promise!"

      "Alright Jess. So, did your cousin Okward call you today? Or did he not." Asked her mother in a slightly concerned.