Chapter 25- Enough

It was the next day, Thursday. Jess was sitting at the lunch table with all her friends. Even Max was there, but sitting a little far from Jess.

      Jess was sitting in between Cory and Ross. They were talking about something from class, but Jess wasn't paying attention to them.

      Cory was really nervous. He was going to tell Shelby how he felt. She was super excited!

      She leaned over to him and whispered in his ear, "So when you going to tell her?"

      He blushed and replied, "After school. Just don't tell anyone. They will tease me about it."

      Jess giggled loudly. Even turned their heads in their direction. Red asked them, "What's so funny?"

      "Nothing!" They shouted at the same time. Jess giggled even more as Shelby stared at them in confusion.

      "Anyways... I don't see how I have a D in gym!" Shouted Red as he slammed his head on the table.

      Tim laughed at him and said, "Maybe because you are not in shape?"

      Red glared at him. "Oh really? Well what do you have in that class then?"

      "B."

      Everyone laughed really hard. Until Ross said, "Yeah Red. I think you are the only one here that is failing gym. It's so easy."

      Again, they all laughed. "So what are your guys plans this weekend?" Asked Max, who spoke suddenly. But for some reason he looked at Jess, as if he was talking to her.

      "Well me and Jess are going to a sleepover!" Shouted Shelby. And with that, Jess nodded her head.

      Cory shouted in excitment, "I am just going to binge play UnderTale, like any other weekend."

      Ross replied, "That's cool. Me and Tim are probably going to play gang beast."

      Red mummbled, "I need to join a gym..."

       They laughed. "So what about you Max?" Asked Cory.

      "Probably nothing. I mean, I really don't have nothing going on this weekend." Said Max.

      That's what Ross screamed, "Hey I have an idea! How about me, Tim, and Max could have a sleep over this Friday?"

      Shelby crossed her arms and whined, "Seriously? You just want to do that because me and Jess are going to one."

      "So? You guys in?" Ross asked Tim and Max.

      "Yeah sure. Its been a while since we had a sleepover. Like, a long time." Claimed Tim.

      Max shrugged, "Okay. I have nothing better to do. I'm lonely."

      "Aw, Max just wants to be appreciated." Teased Cory.

      "Shut up!"

      After that they all ate in silence. Small conversations passed by here and there.

      But Max kept glancing at Jess. He knows she has been ignoring him, but he doesn't know why. He had a concerned look on his face.

      Sooner or later lunch was over, and they all dismissed. Jess went to her next class, which was a free day.

      Jess grabbed her phone and started playing games for the next hour or so. Max was sitting away from her across the class room, still looking her.