Chapter 10- Dodge Ball

Jess wrote down what was on the board. Her hand hurt from writing to much. But she had to ignore the pain.

She had to write the math problems on the board down on a piece of paper, and solve them. To be honest, she didn't tink they were that hard.

Every now and then she could see Ross struggling to solve the math problems. She couldn't let him copy because the teacher was right in front of them.

Out of the corner of her eye, Jess kept seeing Max looking at her. And when ever there eyes met, Max would quickly look away.

Weird, She thought. She looked back down at her paper. She was on problem twelve, and there were twenty problems in total.

She moaned quietly. Uh, I am never gonna get through this! She screamed in her head.

Jess looked around the room to see if anyone was done. Nope, but then her eyes landed on someone.

It was a boy, with curly hair and glasses. She recognized him as Adam Dalghberg. He quickly looked away when there eyes met.

She slowly looked away. Well that was weird. She thought in her head as she tried to solve problem thirteen.

Jess looked at Ross to see if he was done. Nope, but he did fall asleep.

She slowly giggled. He was drooling on his paper. She quietly took out her phone and took a picture.

Jess laughed evily to herself. She was gonna post it on instagram during lunch.

The bell rang. Everyone got up and started packing there stuff.

She shook Ross wake. "Ross, get up!"

"I'm up! I'm up! What happend?" He shouted as he stood up straight. Drool was still coming out of his mouth, which caused Jess to laugh.

She brust out laughing like a hyena. "Was I asleep?" Asked Ross as he wiped the drool off his face.

"No!" Gasped Jess sarcasticly. "You were sleep walking while the rest of us were hula dancing! And you walked off and now you are in Canada! And we all had to find you so we hopped on out space ship and flew here. Were we found you in a classroom that has the exact same furniture as our math class!"

Ross rolled his eyes. "Ha ha ha! I get it. Please tell me I didnt fall asleep during the test?"

Jess smirked and said, "Look down at your paper."

He did as she said and he gasped, "I only got to problem five?!"

She burst out laughing again. She almost couldn't breath. "Ha, I got to fifteen!"

He blushed slightly, scratching the back of his head. "Well this is embarrassing. Come on, let's go to gym class."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jess sat on the bleachers with the gang. She sat in between Red and Shelby.

She saw that Max was sitting by himself. She felt kind of bad for him. She motioned him to sit with them, but he nodded his head no.

They were gonna play dodgeball again. They haven't played it since the first day of school. Jess only hoped that she would be on Max's team.

The coach was taking roll, while everyone else just sat there motion less and quiet.

All of the sudden Shelby nudged her side and whispered, "Hey, I keep seeing that Adam guy looking at you. Somebody might have a crush!"

Jess blushed and glanced at Adam. She was right, he kept looking over at her. "No way! He would never like me!"

She smirked, "Well, Max keeps looking over here too! He might like you. Your so nice to him, and your like his only friend!"

Jess blushed even harder. She never thought about Max that way. "No way. We are just friends!"

Shelby smirked and giggled, "Well looks like someone is blushing! Oh my god, do you like him?!"

Jess gasped and responded, "U-um. I uh-h . . . what about Cory? He keeps staring at you. And I see you staring at him! Do you like him?"

She blushed and groaned, "This conversation isn't over! But between you and me, Cory is kind of cute."

Jess squealed. She looked over Shelby's shoulder and saw Cory day dreaming. Then he slightly look at Shelby! They would make such a cute couple!

All of the sudden the coach blowed the whistle. After everyone got quiet, the coach screamed, "Alright, listen up! We are going to play dodge ball today! I am going to split you up into two teams."

Jess prayed that she would get all of her friends on her team. She glanced over at Max, and she could tell that he was having the same thought. He smiled a little, and she smiled a little too.

They were split up into two teams. Jess was relieved when she got on Max on her team. She also got Red, Shelby, and Tim. Sadly, Ross and Cory was on the other team.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They were ready to play. Jess' eyes were on the dodge balls. That guy Adam, who kept starring at her, was on the other side.

The coach blew the whistle, and everyone ran towards the dodgeballs. Already, Ross was out.

She ducked when she saw a dodgeball coming straight towards her. She looked around to find more, but had no luck.

Out of nowhere Tim passed her a dodgeball. She smiled at him and mouthed the words 'thank you'

She aimed at a boy with green hair, because he was the only one who seemed distcrated.

He was looking at someone else, aiming his dodgeball at another person. Jess swung her arm back and threw the dodgeball at him.

Yes! She yelled in her head!

She saw someone hit Shelby. He had red, dyed hair. She grabbed a dodgeball and hit him with it.

I'm on a roll! She yelled again in her head. She looked around and saw that there were only some people left.

She turned around to pick up a dodgeball, but when she turned back around she fell back down with such force! She got hit with a dodgeball in the face!

Jess saw Max run towards her. He helped her up, and they both looked around to see who threw that.

They saw a girl with Purple and Pink hair laughing. Why would she throw it so hard at me?

The coach ran towards them and said, "Hey, are you okay?" He turned to Max. "Can you take her to the nurse to see if she is okay?"

Max nodded his head and put his arm around Jess to keep her balanced. He walked her towards the nurses office.

Jess didn't look at Max, because on the outside she was keeping her cool, but on the inside she was blushing like crazy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Surprise! I am not quitting the book! But I will only be updated on weekends, so I am so sorry!

I am just so happy I decided to stay and finish the book. This is like my job guys, I can't quick now!

Buh-Byeeeeeee!!!