Chapter 24- Cory

Jess rushed through the halls filled with students. It was lunch time, which meant food, which meant chaos.

      Her backpack weight the same size as three bowling balls. It was filled with a lot of books. Her back was starting to hurt.

      It was Wensday, the next day. She  decided to tell Max on Friday, at the end of school. She was scared to tell him, but at the same time she knew she had to.

      People were pushing and shoving everywhere. She made her way towards the cafeteria, which was on the other side of the school.

      That's when all of the sudden she got shoved into someone. She apologized, and looked up to see who she bumped into. And woild you know it, it was Cory.

      "It's fine Jess. No problem." He said, smiling at her.

      They walked together to the cafeteria, side by side. Cory kept looking at her, and wanting to say something, but he didn't. He just kept his mouth shut.

      He kept opening his mouth to say something, but just no words came out. Jess looked concerned and wanted to ask him what was wrong.

      That's when they both looked at each other, and Cory said, "Jess, can I tell you something?"

      "Yeah Cory. You can tell me anything you want." She said, looking up at him.

      He sighed and said, "But you have to promise not to tell anyone. Anyone at all. Not even in our group."

      "I promise."

      Cory sighed. He took a deep breath and whispered, "I like Shelby."

      Jess gasped and nearly screamed. If she weren't in a school hallway full of students, she would be freaking out.

      "I knew it," she replied. "I knew it! I knew it! I knew it!'

      Cory then begged, "Please don't tell her. I don't know how she will react to it."

      "Don't worry. I won't tell her," she replied.

      He then asked her, "How do I ask her out? Like on a date. I have been wanting to take her out somewhere."

      Jess gasped and said, "Awe. Where do you want to take her?"

      "Olive Garden. She once said it was her favorite restaurant." Said Cory, as he scratched the back of his neck.

      She smiled and said, "That is so sweet! You really like her, dont you."

      "I do. But how do I ask her?" He asked.

      Jess tapped her chin and thought for a moment. "Well, you can be simple and just go up to her and ask her."

     Cory shook his head and said, "Nah. I want it to be special. Not just say, 'Hey want to go out'"

      "You could ask her if you guys can talk in private. Then you can tell her that you have liked her and then asked her out." Suggested Jess.

      He nodded, "Maybe. But what else?"

      "Get her chocolate! Shelby loves chocolate." Said Jess as she stared up at Cory.

      Cory smiled and said, "Thanks Jess. After school I will go get her chocolates, and tomorrow I will tell her."

      "Alright, it's settled."

      He then asked her, "Do you want to go with me? To get her chocolates? I don't really like going alone.

      "Sure! You have my number right?" She asked.

      "Mhm. It's settled."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      It was after school, and Jess was in her room. She was waiting for Cory to come so they could leave.

      She was so excited! Once of her OTP's was just about to come true. She was freaking out so much.

      It was quite obvious that Cory liked Shelby. The way that he looked at her, the way he smiled at her, and that she was the only person he could really trust.

      It was so cute! Shelby is going to die of excitement. It is quiet obvious that she likes him too. She hasn't really told Jess her feelings, but Jess knows it.

      When Shelby moved here three years ago, Cory was her first friend. And they would play UnderTale together. Cory even sometimes calls her Frisk. Which Jess thought was adorable!

      That's when she heard a car honk outside. She looked out her window and saw Cory's car outside.

      She ran downstairs and went out she door. She opened the door to the passengers seat,and got in.

      "Hey Cory!" Said Jess as Cory turned on the car.

      He smiled at her and said, "Hey Jess."

      Cory drove down the street and towards her town. They drove in silent towards the town. Then he turned on the radio. The song was Blank Space by Taylor Swift.

      Jess silently sung along to the song. Cory couldnt hear her, but Jess was singing.

      It was a couple of minutes to town. About like ten minutes. Jess didn't mind thought.

      That's when the silence was broke by Cory asking, "Jess, can I ask you something?"

      "Yeah Cory?"

      He said, "What is up with you and Max? You have been ignoring each other all day today and yesterday. And when we sit at the lunch table you guys don't talk to each other."

      Jess gulped and didn't saying anything for a moment. Then she explained what happened with her and Adam. Then what happened with Ross and Shelby. Then with Tiffany on the bus. She said every word. Every single thing that happened that involved Max.

       "Jess, there are really dumb rumors out there about people. Some are true, and some are not. And I am pretty sure what Adam is saying about Max is wrong. I have been here as long as Tiffany has. From the start. And I agree. Max has been mean, but he hasn't been so mean he would play someone. He was always that guy in the background that would not say a word to anyone. I heard he once was friends with Jin, but Jin left Max. Max would never leave the group. You were his first friend, and you changed him. He now has you, me, and the rest of the group. I can see it in the way he looks at you. You really are his friend. Probably his best friend. He would never leave you."

      Jess gasped at the words he was saying. "Are you sure?"

      "Positive. Max would never leave you. I am nearly positive." He said.

      She smiled and said, "Alright then."

      "I also agree that you should tell Max what Adam had been telling you. It might help." Said Cory.

      Jess asked, "And if it doesnt?"

      "You never know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

       CORY LIKES SHELBY!!! CORY LIKES SHELBY!!!

      AWE <3

      Alright, well I don't really have much to say. So... I have a question for all of you.

      If you were to meet any Youtuber, who would you meet?

      My answer is CrankGameplays. I dont know. I have been watching some of his videos and he seems really cool. I like him.

      Buh-Byeeeeeee!!!