Chapter 22- Sad Max

"That's what Adam told you?" Shelby asked, still in shock. It was Tuesday, the next day. And Jess just got done telling Shelby and Ross what had happen.

      Jess nodded her head sloEly. She didn't know if she had done the right thing or not by telling them. But she think she has.

      "Well I don't believe him!" Shouted Shelby as she pouted. "Why would Max just pretend to be your friend? So he could seem like a good guy?"

      Ross cleared his throat and said, "Well, Max was mean to us before he really got to know Jess. And it is kind of believable do to the rumors when me and Jess came to Phoenix Drop!"

      Shelby gasped at Ross. "No! I've been going to this school for the past three years. Sure, Max was mean. But I see the way he looks at Jess! He would never hurt her!"

      They were still waiting for the bus. Ross was leaning on the stop sign. While Jess and Shelby sat on the bench. The leafs were failing, and it was a little chilly.

      "Guys calm down!" Yelled Jess. "Look, I am siding with both the ideas. That Max is just using me, and that it's all a lie. We can never be to sure."

      They all sighed. And Ross whispered in a calm cool voice, "She is right. But what are we going to do? About Max?"

      "Hmmm... maybe you need to spend a little time avoiding Max. Just like, not talk to him and avoid eye contact." Shelby suggested.

      Jess nodded her head slightly, "I guess that could work."

      Ross agreed with them both. He grabbed his phone to check the time, and then continued to star out at them.

      "Yeah. A little space could do you both some good." Said Ross finally.

      Jess sighed again. "Also I am starting to question my crush on him..."

      "NO!" Shouted Shelby, making Jess and Ross jump. "You still like him! It's just that your unsure of wether he is good or bad! Okay?"

      Jess looked shocked. "Alright. I guess you are right. Ross what time is it?"

      "Like.. 7:11?" He answered, looking at his phone once more.

      She shrugged, and started to play Neko Atsume on her phone. She refilled the food bowls. She loved kitty cats. But she really liked this one cat named Johnny who was black and white.

      Sooner or later the bus came. They got on, but instead of sitting in the back, they sat up front. Shelby and Jess sat next to each other. While Ross sat next to Tim.

      When it came to Max's stop, Jess felt her heart drop. When Max saw her sitting up front, he frowned sadly, but made his was towards the back.

      She turned around to see if she could see Adam, which she could. He was sitting next to a guy which she recognized at Barney Winkleton.

      Adam smiled at her, which she gladly returned. He winked at her, which made Jess giggled nervously. Befor turning back around, she could have sworn she saw Max growl at Adam.

      She focused back at Shelby, and continued to talk to her. Until they got to school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      They got off the bus and entered the school. It was flooded with students pushing and shoving. Like a ocean of students.

      That's when Adam caught up to her and said, "Hey Jess!"

      "Oh, hey Adam." She replied softly. She was heading towards her locker, which Adam still followed her.

      He finally blurted out, "So how are you and Max? Did he leave you?"

      Jess gasped and said, "No! I just though we needed time apart. Just for a week or so. You know?"

      Adam nodded his head. "Jess, you know I am only trying to protect you from getting hurt. Because Max will leave you. I've seen it happen."

      "I don't believe you. Yet, I still do. I know you have known Max more then I have, but I am just not sure." Jess said, with a small sigh.

      He patted her shoulder. "Hey, I understand. Give it some time."

      "Thanks Adam, I appreciate you looking out for me." She said.

      And with that, Adam pulled her into a bone crushing hug. It hurt a lot, but she managed to hug back.

      That's when she saw Max approach them. They quickly broke for the hug. He looked at Adam and frowned. Then he looked at Jess and smiled.

      "Hey Jess!" He said happily.

      She looked at the floor and whispered, "Hey Max." With that, she walked away. Leaving a sad Max behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Sorry for the short chapter.

      My favorite aunt just died today. And today was also her birthday. She died on her 71 birthday.

      She loved me with all her heart.

      My dad was going to go back to Mexico, even though he came back a few weeks ago.

      But he refused and said, 'I don't want to go. Last time I saw her she was smiling and happy. That's the way I want to remember my sister.'

      It hurts me, because my dad is getting really old. And drinks a couple of beers everyday. I am afraid he is next.

      But I know she is in a better place. I know she is in Heaven. She was one of the most pure heart people I have ever met. ❤

      Mi favorita tia- 3/4/2017

      Te amo 😚❤😓