Chapter 29- Answers

(I cried while writing this. Some pretty sad stuff on here 😢😭)

It was the next day. Jess had told Max to meet her at one. It was twelve right now. And Jed swas freaking out.

She was going to tell Max how she felt! This was so overwhelming. Almost like she couldn't breath.

Jess had already taken a shower, and she was wear a purple and black stripe shirt. With black shorts, and purple converse. Her hair was in a ponytail.

It was time. Today was the day. It was the day she was going to tell Max how she felt. Hopefully he would feel the same way.

Jess was waiting on the couch, watching Gravity Falls. It helped her calm down sometimes. She needed to relax before Max came over.

Silence filled the house, the only thing to be heard was the TV. She was so nervous. What if Max didn't feel the same way? What if he would be weirded out.

Jess just sat there. Thinking about Max. It was crazy. In a matter of minutes, Max would be at her house. And she was going to tell her how she felt.

It was eating Jess up. What if he didn't like her? What if he did? Would they be dating? It all confused Jess so much.

She has liked Max for a while now. In less then a hour, Max would know how she felt. And maybe Jess would know how he felt.

That's when she heard a knock on the door. She turned off the TV, and ran to answer the door.

She saw Max standing there, with his hair wet, and brown eyes shining. She didn't notice it was raining, until now.

"H-hey Max." Said Jess, nervously.

He smiled at her and replied, "H-Hi Jess."

"Here, come inside." Jess said, as she moved out of the way so Max could come in. He went inside, and went into the living room. He sat down on the couch, and Jess sat next to him.

It was pure silence between them. Until Max said, "So, why did you call me over here?"

"I want to talk about something with you." Said Jess, nervously. They looked each other in the eye.

"Yes?"

Instead of telling him, she asked him, "Why did you punch Adam in the face when he kissed my cheek?"

Max looked down at his feet. He looked sad, worried kind of. Jess then said, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to!"

"No, it's fine. I will tell you." Max said.

He took a deep breath and said, "I got a little over protective. Adam is one of those guys I just don't trust. I feel like he is one of those guys that would just hurt you, just like that. I didn't want to see you sad. Because I really care about you, so much. I didn't want Adam to play you. It worried me so much when he kissed you. And I felt like he had taken you away from me. Why did you stop talking to me in the first place?"

Jess sat there shocked. Then she told him. She told him everything. How Adam told her all those bad stuff about Max. How he would play her, and hurt her.

Max screamed, "Jess, he is lying! I may not have a ton of friends, but I am not the bad guy here. It's Adam who would break your heart! He will play you! It's all him! You have to believe me. I would never hurt anyone like that. Especially not you,"

He looked like he was about to cry. And Jess was too. It was all so much. But in the end, she said, "I believe you."

"You do?" Said Max, in our shock.