Chapter 20- Bowling

Max and Ross got out of the car, and started to run around the parking lot. Ross ran in between cars, hoping to lose Max.

      Jess noticed it was getting dark. She grabbed her phone and checked the time. It was six.

      Red, Tim, and Cory gave Jess a hug and said happy birthday. They didn't get the chance earlier. Although they glanced at Max and Ross, confused.

      "Why is Max chasing Ross, trying to kill him?" Asked Cory as he pointed at them.

      Shelby giggled a little and answered, "We were listening to the radio and the song Let It Go came on. Ross kept singing and made a pin. So Max got . . . Mad."

      They all laughed as Ross hid  behind a blue car. "Oh they would make some weird roommates." Said Tim. Still laughing.

      "So you guys are taking me bowling, huh?" Said Jess as she looked up at the building in front of her.

      They all laughed and cheered,
"Surprise!"

      "I love bowling! Thanks you guys!" Shouted Jess as they did a group hug. Max was still chasing Ross.

      That's when Ross quickly broke up the group's hug, and hid behind Jess, even though she was smaller.

      He grabbed on her shoulders and used her as a human shield. Jess stood there, shocked. Max slowly started to walk towards them. He stood in front of Jess, glaring at the Ross that was behind her. She stared up at him. His brown eyes, red hair, they stood out even if it was dark.

      Max crossed his arms and growled, "Your lucky that I would never hurt Jess."

      He walked away, and folloved everyone else inside. Shelby waited behind until she caught up to Jess. And then Shelby could clearly see the blush on her face.

      "You guys go ahead, we gotta talk about something." Said Shelby, pulling Jess back by her arm.

      They looked at Shelby with confused looks on there faces. "About what?" Asked Cory, crossing his arms.

      "Girl stuff!" Shouted Shelby, making that excuse. She was a pretty convincing lier.

      "Okay then . . ." Said Red, walking inside. Followed by all the other boys.

      Jess looked confused at Shelby, and said, "What do you need to talk about?"

      "Isn't it obvious?" Shouted Shelby, squealing. Jess again, looked confused.

      She asked quietly, "What's obvious?"

      "Max likes you!" Squealed Shelby, jumping excitedly. Jess gasped.

      Jess screamed, "Shelbs, are you blind? Why would he like me? Look at me! He doesn't."

      Shelby frowned and said, "He does too! I see it in the way he looks at you. He likes you!"

      "As a friend, maybe. But not as a girlfriend! He is just a friend. And that's probably all we will be!" Screamed Jess.

      "No Jess! I know he likes you. And if he doesnt then there is something seriously wrong with him!" Replied Shelby, putting a hand on Jess should.

      She smiled and said, "Thanks Shelbs. But the more I talk to him and hang out with him, the more I like him."

      "Awww! You should tell him. He might like you. Now come on. Let's go." Said Shelby, going inside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      They saw the guys, already at there lane. They were sitting on the table, putting on there bowling shoes.