Chapter 13- Dawn

Jess walked out to the bus stop. She was hoping to avoid Max for a bit. Now that she has realized that she likes him. It was so much to take in.

Max hasn't left Jess' mind all week. As if he was trapped in her mind. And she can't think if anything else. I like him.

The only people that know is her, Tiffany, Lizzie, Stacey, Shelby, and Ross. Shelby had told him as soon as she left. Jess was a little mad, but okay with it as long as Ross didn't say anything.

She sat alone on the bench. It was early November. And it was cold. Leaves falling, but the air was fresh and clean.

Jess did think that Max was cute. His red fluffy hair, his beautiful brown eyes. His sense of style. His personality. And they liked the same stuff.

They both like the game Undertale, and the same shows. Like Gravity Falls and so much more. And they both got bullied as kids. And today.

But when she is with Max, it's like she is safe for once. As if she could trust him with her life.

Shelby and Ross finally came. They walked towards her. And they both greeted her with a simple 'hi.'

She waved at them. She could trust both of them, and now she could also trust Max.

"What's wrong? You look a little down." Asked Shelkby as she sat next to her.

"Thinking about him." Jess blushed. Her face was red, like really really red!

They both nodded their heads.

"What if he doesn't like me back? What if I am just his friend?" Asked Jess. She hugged her knee's. And his her face.

"What?" Gasped Shelby. "Your his only friend. He only talks to you. I see the way he looks at you. And who wouldn't like you? Your beautiful."

Jess lifted up her head. "Really?"

Ross spoke up, "Yeah. Your really nice. Your one of the only people that talk to me. Your one of my closes friends. Who wouldn't like you?"

The bus came. They got on. Jess walked all the way to the back and sat down. Shelby and Ross sat in front of her, not sitting right next to her.

The bus started going down the street. Jess only now realizes how close she lived to Max. Only a couple blocks down. About a thirty minute walk.

It came to a stop. And Max got on. She didn't wanna face him. She crossed her fingers that he wouldn't sit next to her.

Please not by me. Please not by me.

This was the first time seeing him, after realizing she liked him.

Max didn't stop. He sat right next to Jess. But she refused to look at him. She looked out the window, as her face started to grow red again. A deep, deep, deep red.

Please don't talk. Please don't talk.

"Hi." Said Max as he sat down. Are you kidding me?!

Jess only responded with a simple, "H-hey." She still looked out the window, hiding her face.

Max looked concered. "Are you okay?"

"Yep,"

"Then why won't you look at me then?" Max replied. Jess turned her head, and looked at him.