Last Day on Earth (S06E16)

Start from the beginning

"He's someone who was with a whole lot of someones who didn't listen." A mystery voice said. "We can make a deal, right here, right now." Rick's voice spoke up. "That's right, we can. Give us all your stuff. We'll probably have to kill one of you. That's just the way it is, but then we can start moving forward on business. All you have to do is listen."

"Yeah...that deal's not gonna work for us. Fact is, I was about to ask for all of your stuff, only I'm thinking I don't have to kill any of you. Any more of you." Rick stated. "Sorry, my deal is the only deal. We don't negotiate." The mystery man said.

"Me and my people are leaving." Rick said. "Okay, friend. Plenty of ways to get where you're going." The man responded. You hoped that everyone would get back on the RV, and that would be it, but Rick decided to responded to the man's threat, "Do you wanna make today your last day on Earth?"

"No, but that is a good thing to bring up. Think about it. What if it's the last day on Earth for you? For someone you love? What if that's true? Maybe you should be extra nice to those people in that RV, because you never know...Just like that. Be kind to each other. Like you said...like it was your last day on Earth." The man ranted. "You do the same." Rick said, getting back into the RV.

-

"Did you find a different route?" You asked Rick, as Maggie slept. "Yeah... Eugene found a golf course of some sort ways away but it gives us coverage." He responded, as Abraham said, "Bitch nuts," from the front. He stopped the RV, as Rick walked to the front. "We making our stand?" Sasha asked. "Yeah, we end it." Carl told her. "No, not now. They've been waiting. They're ready. With one of us behind the wheel, that's five on sixteen or six, if Maggie is stable. We're gonna play it our way, how we want it. Right?" Rick counterargued. "Right." "All right, go slow." Rick told Abraham, as he backed up. A gun shot went off, it was a scare tactic. And another one, and another.

"Recalculating." Eugene said, looking at the map, to find another way to the Hilltop.

-

"How are we on gas?" Rick asked. "Half a tank. I pulled some more cans before we left." Abraham responded. "Those weren't the same men who blocked the road the first time." Sasha said.  "Same outfit, different soldiers. They got numbers." Abraham talked aloud.

"Yeah, we keep driving, we get her there." Rick said. "We will." Sasha nodded. "If we have to shove each and every one of them up their own asses" Abraham said, before stepping on the breaks, once more. "We can't go through it. Can't risk the RV. You stay behind the wheel, just in case. We'll clear it." Rick said, as you heard walkers growling from outside.

Since Maggie was asleep, you decided to walk up front and sit beside Abraham in the front, "What in the holy hell?" You asked, as you saw a literal chain of walkers in the middle of the road. The group was looking at them in depth, like something was not right about them; and just like that a shower of bullets came at the group. You quickly went to the back of the RV, to Maggie to make sure she was okay, as Abraham ran out.

The group shot at unforeseen forces, as they killed the walkers. Eugene got in the RV, started it up, and sped away, as everyone got in.

Rick was holding what looked like hair in his hands, "They have them, don't they?" He didn't say anything. He just looked at you. You slumped back into your chair, with your head in your hands.

"What's that sound?" Sasha asked pulling Rick and yourself away from your emotions. "Undercarriage could've caught a bullet. Or could be transmission it could be nothing." Eugene responded.  "They were firing at our feet. They blocked the road, but they weren't trying to stop us. They want us in this direction." Rick said.