13. tourney practice

Start from the beginning

Coach rolled his eyes, but pointed to the part of the grass that was painted in white, red, and yellow, "That is the kill zone, you get into that and they start shooting balls at you, so if they hit you with one of those, you're out. Also, with this stick," He shoved a plastic tourney stick into Jay's chest, "You catch the main ball and throw it into the opposite team's net, got it?"

"Kinda..."

"Alright, then," He then shoved a helmet into his chest, "GET ON THE FIELD!" He shouted, blowing his whistle.

Jay flinched before going off to the field with the stick in his hand and putting on helmet. He looked off to the player that had the ball in his stick, and only waited for the coach to blow his whistle again.

Once the loud sound pierced his ears again, Jay ran to the player with the ball, capturing it in his stick and darting to the opposite team's net. He stopped dead in his tracks when a tennis ball flew by him, flying so close by his nose. He looked to the left, quickly realizing that he was standing in the middle of the kill zone, and balls were flying everywhere except at him directly.

"WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?!" He shouted, clutching the stick in his hands. Unfortunately, the coach didn't hear him and continued to instruct the player behind the machine that threw the balls to keep shooting. Jay smacked his lips and rolled his eyes to the back his head so violently it hurt. He walked backwards until he was out of the kill zone, and then balls stopped flying.

"It's a good thing I'm great at parkour." He whispered to himself before running off to the kill zone again, but this time throwing the ball that was in his net in the air and doing two front flips, avoiding the balls and then catching the one that was caught in his own net just in time. Another ball came flying in, straight for his helmet-covered head, but Jay bended back completely and avoided it perfectly as well.

He smirked, but it drained soon as he noticed another playing from the 'opposite team' coming at him. He made an 'oof' sound before charging off again, squatting from time to time so that the balls that would fly towards the direction of his head would be missed.

He finally got out of the kill zone, but his victory ended quickly as soon as the same player came in with another player behind him. Jay groaned and waited for him to reach him before he extended his leg out and pushed him down to the ground. Jay could see the player widen his eyes before falling to the ground, and Jay took it as his chance to step on the shield that was covering his shaking body and leap from his current state.

He shoved the other one with his shoulder harshly, causing him to fall down on the ground as well. He stopped mid-second in front of the net and let out a loud, angry scream before darting towards the net, once again getting stopped by a player, but shoving him off as he did with the other.

With the ball still in his net, he took the chance and threw it into the opposite team's goalee (if that was what it was, Jay didn't know tourney like Auradon people did). The guard in front of it had tried to block it, but had fallen down. Jay threw his stick down, letting out a cheer before pretending to stomp on the guard, who crawled away with fear.

Jay laughed evily and did a victory dance, throwing his helmet on the ground and whooing himself over.

"WILLIAMS!"

Jay stopped.

"...Aaaannnnddd celebration over." He muttered before jogging over to Coach.

"What's up coach?" He asked, trying his best to seem as confident as possible. Wasn't working.

"That," He pointed to something in the field, "Is something I've never seen before, something with a behavior that I-..." Jay dropped his confident expression and his lips started to form into a straight line, "...I want on the team."

Jay looked up, eyes as big as saucers, "What?"

"Your way of getting the players of the opposite team out of your way is something I've tried to get the rest of the team to start doing, but no luck." The rest of the team started huddling all around Jay and the Coach, listening to what he was saying.

"So... even though I shoved like two people, stepped on one person, you're not gonna take me out?" Jay asked, furrowing his brows in a dissapointed expression.

Coach laughed, "Son, even if you did good or bad, I wouldn't take you out. This is your punishment, after all." He laughed for another second before screaming for the group to get dressed into the regular clothing.

Jay stared at everyone as they left to go to the locker room, he stomped his feet like a two year old would while having a temper tantrum, whining. He pouted as well before grabbing his helmet and walking off to the locker room.

"I still like beating people up."

•••

WHERE I AM IT IS 11:23 AND I SHOULD BE ASLEEP BUT I'M NOT BECAUSE MY UPDATING SCHEDULE HAS BEEN REALLY OFF AND I'M NOT GONNA LET IT STAY THAT WAY

ALSO I'M TYPING IN CAPS LOCKS AND IT MAY SEEM LIKE I'M STRESSED/RUSHED BUT I'M ACTUALLY WEARING A HUGE RESTING FACE RIGHT NOW

ANYWAY, UNTIL NEXT TIME, JAYLOSERS!

-a