Time Is Of The Essence

I don't know what went wrong but it took me forever to write this chapter. But I hope you guys enjoy it!

Odell POV

"So what do we do now?" I asked.

"We wait for backup."

"Man I ain't waiting for no backup, we finally got where we need to go now you wanna wait."

"We don't know what waits behind those doors we have to be smart about this. What if she's not in the house?" I just looked at him.

"Bruh don't tell me no shit like that after all this time

"Bruh don't tell me no shit like that after all this time."

"I'm just saying it could be a possibility."

"Fuck that. When is back up getting here?"

"Soon, They've pinpointed our location they're on their way."

I'm so anxious to get my baby back and serve this ass whooping to Tyson that's been long overdue. We soon heard sirens coming from up the street then we saw their lights flashing.

"What do we know so far?" Detective Mackey asked us.

"I wasn't able to get close enough to the house but the informant is inside and this is location where Rayne is being held hostage." Logan replied.

"So what do we do now?" I asked.

"You are going back to the city to be escorted home by two officers."

"I'm not going home, I didn't come this far just to be sitting on the sidelines. I'm staying."

"Odell you need to go home." I saw Joseph getting out of the squad car.

"What's he doing here?"

"He's here to help."

"How is he able to help but I can't?"

"You're too close to this."

"So what does that make him? That's his daughter in there! I care about her as much as he does, I was the one who got y'all here if it wasn't for me we would still be looking for her with no leads to go off of."

"It's for her safety."

"Detective, we might actually need him for negotiations." A guy came up to us and told him.

"Fine." He sighed running his hand down his face. "No cowboy shit Odell I mean it." I nodded my head and he walked away.

"Follow me. My name is Oliver and I'm the lead negotiator on the case."