Enough Is Enough

Rayne POV

"Fix your face." Odell told me.

"Nope."

"Look don't put too much thought into it, just say what you need to say and y'all go from there."

"We won't get far." I mumbled.

Since the night I told Odell about Carter he's convinced me to tell my mother about the miscarriage. The only people who knew were my aunt Shari, Kim, Faye, and now Odell. What makes this worse is that Odell would be meeting my mother for the first time, knowing this could get ugly there would be no better circumstance since her behavior is unpredictable.

"You ready for this?" Odell looked over at me after pulling up in front of my parents house, turning the car off.

"Not at all but you're making me do this, so I don't have a choice do I?" I replied with an attitude. He turned my face to his and kissed me.

"Stop. If it gets out of hand we can leave, I'll be right by your side." He rubbed my cheek with his thumb. "Now stop giving me attitude before daddy has to punish you."

I gave him a playful look and then he winked at me, he walked to my side of the car and let me out then we made our way into the house. We heard talking coming from the kitchen, as we entered we saw my grandma and my aunt.

"Hey everybody." Odell and I greeted as everyone else did the same.

"So this is the young man, that's been keeping you away from me?" My aunt questioned.

"Yeah, this is Odell. Odell this is my aunt Shari." They shook hands.

"Girl he is fine." She told me.

"Shit, if I was twenty years younger I'll give you some competition." My grandma pointed out as Odell smiled at the compliment.

"He ain't all that cute." I gave him a stank look and he squeezed my side.

"Salty or nah?" Odell questioned.

"Whatever, has anybody seen my mom?"

"Her trifling ass around here somewhere." My grandma mumbled sipping her tea.

"That's a first with you looking for your mom. Did something happen?" My aunt questioned.

"No, I just needed to talk to her."

"Talk to me about what?" My mother asked walking into the kitchen with a wine glass in her hand, ignoring everyone's presence.

"We must be invisible cause I know your rude ass see people in here." My mother told her.

"Oh shut up you cow."

"Dee stop. Why are you even drinking?" My aunt stepped in trying to diffuse the situation.

"Because I'm grown and if you stop following behind your mother, you would be too. Didn't you have to tell me something? Make it fast because I'm busy." Diverting her attention back to me.

"You know what? It's not that important." I tried to drop the conversation until Odell nudged me whispering to tell her.

"Who the hell are you?" She asked Odell.