Beginning To An End

New character alert!

The seasons are now changing, we're at the end of the summer to the beginning of fall.

Omniscient POV

*Back in New York

"What is this dinner party for exactly?" Odell asked Rayne as he looked over his attire in Rayne's bedroom mirror.

"I don't know, to be honest with you. But I do know that my aunt Shari and uncle Brian are going to be there so I guess it's a get together."

Odell sat on the bed, getting on his phone as he waited for Rayne to hurry up and put on some clothes, since she was still in her closet.

"Why aren't you ready yet? What are looking for anyway?" Odell questioned once more because Rayne rushed him over to her place stressing that he should already be dressed.

"Are you really in a rush to get there? And I'm getting my shoes." Rayne replied with a hint of attitude.

"I know that tone, come on out the closet and talk to me."

Rayne came out of her closet with her shoes in hand and she sat in the spot Odell patted on the bed.

"I don't know what to expect from this. You know how the spawn of satan is and I haven't seen or spoke to her since I hit her." Rayne said truthfully as she put in her shoes.

"How about this? We go to show our faces, speak with whoever is there for a while, avoid ya mama at all costs and then we leave?"

"You make it sound so easy."

"And the quicker we get there the quicker we can leave."

"All right well let's go then."

Meanwhile at the Richards residence on any kind of day Dee would be raising hell but to everyone's dismay she wasn't. She was smiling and being cordial, now to anyone who doesn't know her would believe she's an angel but her family knew better.

"What is your daughter up to?" Brian asked his mother as they both stared at her from a distance.

"I don't know. But whatever it is, she's up to no good."

"Who is that man and these extra people? I thought this was a family thing."

"If you don't know how should I know?" Brian sucked his teeth.

"You know Wayne came with Shari this time."

"I know it took a miracle for Shari to get him up here."

As they continued their conversation Dee was plotting something sinister in her mind, secrets were going to be revealed they were bad enough to break this family apart which was exactly what she wanted. Since she felt that Joseph wanted to leave her, she was going to make his life a living hell.

There was also a plus to this because Joseph's family and coworkers was present which would make her revenge that much sweeter. There was his mother Brenda, his father David, and his siblings Jacob, Tasha, and Michelle along with their spouses.