Truth Be Told

It's a long one people.
Rayne and Odell outfits in the MM.

Omniscient POV

A gathering was taking place at the Beckham household, which consisted a mixture of Odell's family and friends with Rayne's family and friends excluding her mother. It was a sunny day in New York, since tonight was the revealing party for Rayne's photo shoot everyone was coming for support. Odell Sr. was cooking boiled crawfish with corn and potatoes, while Joseph and Brian was keeping him company.

Heather, Shari, Janice, Elaina, Anya, Rayne and Kim were in the kitchen making fried fish, hush puppies, conch salad, and gumbo. The living room was accompanied by Odell, Jarvis, Ben, Victor, Brad, and Faye playing dominoes and Fifa with music playing in the back; while Jazzy, Kordell, and Sonny were in the next room playing.

"Ahhh! Turn up! Turn up!" Odell yelled out after making a goal, scaring the hell out of the women so Heather went into the living room.

"Odell..Cornelius..Beckham Jr if you yell like that one more time in this house, I'm gon slap the color off of you. And where the hell is your shirt?"

"Ma I was vibing out, doing what the song said."

"You heard what I said, try me if you want to. And put your shirt back on." Heather came back into the kitchen.

"Girl how do you deal with that?" Elaina asked Rayne.

"I just do, they're always loud you just get used to it." Rayne answered.

"Are you excited for tonight sweetheart?" Shari asked Rayne.

"Yes I'm just hoping you know who doesn't show out."

"If she does you'll never find out, I'll handle her." Janice said.

As much as Rayne wanted to believe that this was going to be a good night, in the back of her mind she felt that something would go wrong and mess up everything. Prior to the altercation she had with her mother a few days ago, her mother was invited to the event against her better judgement.

"The crawfish is ready everybody! Let's eat." Odell Sr. had told everyone coming in through the back door. As Heather rounded up the boys from the living room the women took the food outside to the table. Everyone had came outside and prayed over the food, Odell Sr had poured the crawfish on the newspaper that was laid on the table and everyone started to dig in.

"Baby what you doing? That's not how you eat crawfish." Odell told Rayne.

"It's getting ate, I don't see the problem." Rayne shrugged her shoulders still picking at the crawfish.

"Look here lah smart ass." Odell picked up another piece of crawfish to demonstrate. "You take the crawfish like this, you peel it and suck the head to get the juice, then you peel the tail, and then you eat it."

"You just want to see me suck the head don't you?" Rayne slyly questioned.

"Girl you better put that awesome jawsome to work, you ain't no quitter I taught you better than that!" Faye yelled out making the group around them laugh.

"I really hate you sometimes." Rayne told Faye as her face turned red.

"Are you blushing?" Odell asked in her ear.