On Its Way

Odell POV

"Don't hurt yourself now!" I yelled to Rayne across the yard.

"Leave me be, I got this." She responded throwing the football to Kordell and Jazzy.

It was a chill day, Rayne didn't have no photo shoots and I didn't have practice so we hung out in the backyard with my family since they were leaving later. I watched as Rayne smile and laugh playing around with my siblings.

"What's up son?" My father sat down across from me with a bowl of ice cream.

"Thank you dad." I reached for the bowl and he snatched it away.

"Better get yo ass up and go get yo own."

"Damn pops that's cold."

"Just keeping it real son. What in the hell are they doing?" He looked over to Rayne and my siblings.

Kordell and Rayne were throwing the football to each other while Jazzy recorded them. Kordell threw Rayne the football and she caught it with one hand, then they began doing the running man challenge with the song coming from Jazzy's phone.

"You kids and these dances." He laughed and shook his head.

"You gotta get with the times old man."

Rayne had tired herself out playing around and she had went into the house. Jazzy and Kordell had came to us asking if they could go swimming, my dad told them they could so they went into the house to put on their bathing suits.

"Get me some ice cream while you're in there!" I called out to Rayne.

"Boy stop being lazy and bring yo ass in this house to get this ice cream." We both got up going inside and entered the kitchen, and I saw Rayne sitting at the counter eating a bowl of ice cream

Ain't this bout a bitch?

"Where mine at?" I asked walking up to her after my dad left the kitchen. She put the back of her hand against my forehead, then began feeling on my ears.

"What are you doing?" I raised my eyebrow at her.

"Well, you don't have a fever, you're walking fine and your hands aren't broke so I see that you're fully capable of getting your own ice cream." She scooped some in her mouth, smiling at me.

"Ok. Ima remember that."

"Write it down, take a picture, I don't give a fu-." I cut her off by grabbing her thigh.

"Stop that hurts."

"What I told you about cussing?"

"Boy I am grown. Mmm." She groaned as I gripped her thigh tighter.

"Wrong answer."

"All right I quit. Now stop." I let go of her thigh.

"Now tell daddy you sorry." She shot me a evil glare and resumed eating her ice cream.

"So that's how it is?"

"Leave me alone." She mumbled.