Breakdown

Odell POV

"How did the FBI become involved?" Coach asked.

"I can't explain all the details here, but we've been watching Mr.Daniels for a while."

"So what's the plan to get Rae back?" I asked.

"Well, Mr.Beckham it's not that simple."

"How is it not? You're investigating him so obviously you know where he is, you go in and get Rae, arrest Tyson and get out. What's so hard about that?"

"We have a agent tracking his every move, but we don't know where he's hiding out exactly."

"Y'all are the FBI, how can you not know?"

"With a criminal as cunning as he is, he's always stays one step ahead of himself making sure he doesn't get caught up. That's how he plays the system so we're building charges against him so he has no chance of getting out."

"Kidnapping ain't enough?"

"We have to be patient with this kind of thing." I pulled my phone and showed him the picture Tyson sent me.

"I need you to get a real good look at this picture. It's been a week since he took her and I'm tired of waiting, not knowing if she's all right. This nigga is taunting me and I can't do anything about it. This woman right here is my heart, it was my job to protect her now she's being held hostage by some lunatic who can snap at any moment so forgive me if my patience is wearing thin." I said the last part with sarcasm.

"Did you have anyone trace the number the message came from?"

"They did and came up with nothing. It came from a burner cell and he disposed it so the number couldn't be traced." I was becoming frustrated because it seemed like with more information we were given wasn't getting us any closer to finding Rae.

"Mr. Beckham, I assure you that everything will be all right and this will be over soon."

"No disrespect Detective Mackey but I'll believe that when my wife is back and safe in my arms."

I got up and walked outside to go cool off, nothing has been going right for me today. We finally had our rematch against the Washington Redskins I didn't want to play considering everything that's happened but since the media hyped up that this was a game that couldn't be missed I had no choice but to play. I let the game get to me and let my frustration out for the whole world to see.

After the game there's cameras in my face with people shouting questions at me, endless memes about me and the kicking net, then story after story saying that my behavior is out of control. I can't catch a break, so I called my mom just to hear her voice.

"Hey sweetie."

"Hey mama."

"Have they got any new leads?"

"Nothing yet, they still got a agent tracking him. Mama I don't know what to do." Sounding defeated.

"Don't give up hope son, the police will find her."

"What if they don't?"

"Don't talk like that, Rayne will be fine and she will return safe and sound. Just pray on it okay? I have to call you back, I love you son."