Explanation

Carter in the MM in case y'all forgot what he looks like.

Rayne POV

"When you coming back?" Odell asked me, lounging on my couch watching tv.

"In a hour." I stuck my head out of the kitchen entrance to see him with his feet on my coffee table.

"Odell get your feet off my table."

"My feet ain't even on your table." He put them on the floor.

"I just saw you move them."

"Prove it."

"Annoying ass." I went back into the kitchen to finish my water bottle before my jog.

"What was that?" He yelled out.

"You heard me." I said under my breath. I felt myself being lifted off the ground then being placed on the counter.

"Now repeat yourself."  He told me pulling me to him.

"I didn't say anything, now go on its about to get dark outside."

"Better not have, and I don't really like this with you leaving when it gets dark." I heard the worry in his voice while he rubbed my thighs.

"I know but it's been two weeks, I doubt Tyson would do something now."

"You never know, that nigga sneaky."

"How about this, I'll jog for 30 minutes instead of the whole hour."

"Fine." He sighed. "You call me if you see him or anything out of the ordinary and you run to the nearest place surrounded by people and lights."

"Okay daddy." He smirked and it faded. "Talk to me, I don't like that look."

"I worry about you man and I don't like feeling that way, knowing I would go crazy if tabernacle got to you." I peeped him being petty.

"For starters, stop hanging around my uncle his pettiness is rubbing off on you. And nothing is going to happen we can't live in fear we're just giving him what he wants. So think positive." I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and kissed his lips.

"Aight, gon head and exercise before I change my mind." He moved back and I got off the counter, walking to the door with him following behind me.

"I love you."

"I love you too." He gave me another kiss and I made my way out the door.

I went to a nearby park about two blocks away from my apartment building. It wasn't too many people out, some were walking the path and others were passing through. I did a couple of stretches before I started, I looked around to check my surroundings and began jogging. As Cut It played from my headphones I jogged and stopped at every exercise station to use it, I started noticing a person in all black would always stop when I did the same but stayed at the station I left from.

I thought it was me being paranoid until I decided to test my theory I pretended as if I was doing extra stretches keeping my eye on them and they just stood looking off somewhere else. I made a plan to run across the park to the convenience store so I could call Odell without seeming suspicious. I began jogging again, looking back seeing the person doing the same. I started speed walking and I heard the footsteps behind me coming closer.