Getting To Know You

Odell, Joseph, and Tyson in the MM.

Odell POV

Damn it was sad to see coach go he did everything he could do to make me a better football player, it was truly learning and growing experience he'll always be my coach. I was sitting on a bench outside of the locker room, scrolling through Twitter.

"What's up man?" I looked up to see Victor walking to me.

"Nothing, what's good Vic?" I dapped him up.

"Our new coach wants to meet up with us."

"Damn already? They just announced him becoming the head coach."

"I don't know man I'm just passing on the message, besides from what I heard its nothing serious."

"Well let's get this over with then, I got stuff to do." I stood up.

"Jarvis and them still coming?"

"Yep, and I have to pick them up from the airport." I said shaking my head knowing these fools would give me hell if I picked them up late.

"Good luck with that." He patted my shoulder.

"Victor I sent you out here to come get him not gossip!" One of the other coaches yelled.

"We're coming now!" I yelled back.

Me and Victor both walked to the locker room to meet up with everyone else. Once we were inside we took a seat.

"Hello everybody." Joseph greeted.

A collection of hellos and heys were said.

"So as you guys know I'm your new head coach and I expect nothing but greatness and success from each and every one of you. When you step on my field we're ready to work; that means; no bitching, no moaning, no crying, no drama with your main chicks, your side chicks, or your baby mama drama none of that. And I know that's it's off season but I want to work a little bit, there won't be many practices and I'll send a schedule out before the day is out. And I know I'm not Coughlin and I know some of you know him very well but I promise you with hard work and dedication we will have a great turnout this year." A collection of stomping feet and whoo's came from the team.

"Last but not least tomorrow at seven I would like to formally invite you all to my home for a cookout I'm having for the team invite your friends and family and let's have a good time!"

Everyone cheered and clapped and started clearing out the room, I spoke with coach for a little while then I left to go pick up the crew. I pulled up to the airport and saw Jarvis, Kavahra, Jordan, and Ben. Everyone got in the car and I drove off heading to my house. The radio was playing Future's Stick Talk and Jordan started to get hype.

"Turn that up bruh!" Jordan yelled.

Took a shot of Henny, I've been going brazy, brazy.
They say my whole hood got it under investigation.
They know they talk that stick talk, that stick talk.
They know we talk that lick talk, that lick talk.
10 million dollars cash, fuck a friend.
Started sipping syrup, I've been geeked ever since.
Gotta keep that heat on the seat ever since.
You know we talk that stick talk, that stick talk.
I'm bout to fuck this cash up on a new toy.
Bout to fuck this cash up on a new toy.
You can't understand us cause you're too soft.
Taliban bands, run em straight through the machinery.

Jarvis and Ben took out their phones and started recording, everyone started rapping the lyrics. Me, Jordan, and Kavahra had did the hit them folks dance. When the hype died down I pulled up to a red light.