Talk Me Down 💛

Start from the beginning

"Oh, our love is bothering you?" He asked with faked remorse, as he removed his hand from around me and reached for his bag on the conveyor belt.

"Well yes, your 'love' is. I asked nicely."

Scott put his bag on the floor, and pulled my hand towards him. He cupped my cheek and placed a long, exaggerated kiss on my lips. He was doing it for show, but it still left me flushed. I turned back to the woman, and simultaneously noticed Scott was flipping her off. My eyes widened in shock. The red-headed mother was clearly offended, scoffed, and dragged her child away to the other side of the belt.

I was horrified, to say the least, but couldn't help bursting into a fit of laughter. He smiled his cocky smile and took his luggage to head out the door.

"I can't believe you did that! God, I missed you." I pecked him on the cheek.

"I missed you more, honesty. We went to this one club and they played a BIPP remix, and all I wanted was for you to hear!"

"Are you kidding?"

"No! I wanted to call you but it was 1am over here and I didn't want you to have trouble falling asleep. Plus, I would've missed you terribly that night. Pillows don't do it for me anymore." He smiled at me, but it looked forced, and I was reminded that I wasn't the only one who felt lonely.

"How was tour?" I smiled sympathetically, and led him to my car. A few paparazzi were taking pictures from a distance, but I had gotten used to it.

"Amazing." His genuine smile returned, and he opened the trunk to put his stuff in.

"The crowds were astounding. Half the people at every meet and greet had 'scömíche' shirts on." We both laughed at that and got into the car, me in the drivers seat.

"That's so cute!"

"I know! We got so much done for the next album as well. That second month in, the pen barely left my hand. Jack and I came up with so many cool arrangements, it's majestic, honestly. I'm obsessed with this track called 'Fallen Angel'. It started off being about a girl who was stood up- very original right? - but then I got some inspiration from this one fan named Amber- she was the sweetest thing- and her story just inspired me to-"

He continued on, his face animated and glowing, his eyes lightened with inspiration and passion. I started the car and began to drive out, listening to every word he said. Something about the way he looks when he talks about something he cares about just makes me feel so- proud? No, moved. Inspired. Impressed, even. How did I ever get so lucky?

"-and, of course, wrote songs for you." He placed a hand above my knee. I blushed.

"Don't you always?"

We talked a lot during the drive home, and having him back and tangible was sweeter than I remembered.

•~•

When we pulled into the driveway, Scott immediately opened his door and climbed out, jogging to the back. I laughed.

"Going somewhere?"

"No," he grunted, taking out his bag from the trunk, "I'm just ready to be home."

"You're already home." I teased, walking towards the door and unlocking it, him following close behind with his luggage.

"Woah, Mitch! Got bored again?" He joked as he took in his surroundings. I had forgotten that I rearranged the furniture set up a bit while he was away from home.

"Do you like it? It's not that much..." I ask nervously, and he sets down his bags.
_

(a/n: you can start the audio now, if you'd like)
_