Chapter 34

It's now the 10th January and both the boys had returned to school after what seemed like a magical christmas. This year we spent it at his parents' and Dan stayed for both 2 weeks as Dawn enjoyed her gorgeous honeymoon to Barbados. It was bliss staying in for the holiday, enjoying the wine and the food like every christmas should be, especially for Henry to have his second christmas in the comfort of a family who absolutely adore him. We spent christmas morning opening presents, followed by a lovely walk just Gary and I across the fields, wrapped up in my new coat with the warmth of his large hand wrapped around mine like a glove. We then had our Christmas lunch, telling jokes and drinking wine, followed by games as the boys played with their toys and various family member's of Gary's popping in with more presents and more food. I felt so comfortable, surround by everyone I love and forgetting how horrible the past had been, because now I was happy.

Today was another Take That party, this time just friends and family to celebrate the completion of their new album. First I was seeing Dawn for the first time since the wedding, to buy a dress and to have a catch up. Gaz was spending the day thinking about tour dates with the boys, but just as a 4 as Rovbie had pulled out. I walked to the highstreet into mine and Dawn's favourite little café where I sat in our usual seat, and of course she was late as always. 10 minutes later she pushed the door open and my god was she tanned!

"Dawn!" I stood up and threw my arms around her in hope her bronzed skin would wear off on me.

"Hello sweet it's been far too long." We pulled out the hug and resumed our seats. "So how have you been then," she asked whilst reading the menu through.

"Well..." I presented my hand before her. She paused for a second before grabbing my hand, releasing a small squeak.

"He asked you!!!" For a minute I thought she was angry before realising the huge smile wiped across her face.

"You knew?" She looked guilty. "How did you know?"

"Gaz and me are still friends you know, besides he asked me what ring you'd like. So I went with him, he showed me the one he wanted to get you and my was he spot on!" She beckoned over the waiter. "Could I have a small latte please.."

"Oh urm I'll take the tea please."

"Don't forget the cake array, thanks!" The waiter left with our order. "So yeah, he chose it he just checked with me that you wouldn't mind, you know with all the Josh stuff..."

"Well I have honestly never been this happy and I get to be surrounded by my best friend, children and the man I love."

"Well I am so happy to have you Eve and urm speaking of children... well the wedding night, it's pretty self explanatory from there..."

"Dawney you're," she nodded before I could finish. I threw myself up and grabbed her into another hug.

"I wanted you to be the first to know." I pulled away, surprised I was the first. "So please don't tell Gary!"

"I promise I won't, not until you say I can."

"Thank you so much!" We spent the rest of the time talking about the honeymoon and christmas, before heading to the shops to see what post christmas bargains we could buy. It was about 4 when we'd finished and Dawn was heading to pick up the boys whilst I waited for Gary. It was beginning to get dark as I stood outside the café we started in and I saw through into the shop opposite. It was a familiar male figure, quite tall, strong looking with brown hair. He faced away from the window in the barber shop. Before I could work it out Gary had pulled up. I ran around to get into his car, getting into the warmth where I could smell his musky after shave as he had a neatly trimmed beard.

"Someone's been busy grooming themselves," I winked pulling my seat belt on.

"Well I have to at least try to keep up with you," I could tell he was proud because he did his wonky smug smile.

"Oh shut up Barlow you know you're hot," I nudged him as he pulled away from the curb, his eyes suddenly fixed on the shop window. "Are you ok?" He looked nervous.

"Urm yeah," he picked up speed, "I just think I know that guy that's all, anyway lets just get home yeah." We got back and both showered, well I say showered, we were both in it at the same time. Gary then slipped his suit trousers on with a floral shirt, top button undone as I did my makeup, before helping me slip into my new dress, this time it was pink to match the flowers on Gary's shirt. We left for the party in a taxi, so Gary could drink. Once we'd arrived all the boys were there and the place already seemed very busy.

"Would you like a drink?" Gary asked, raising his voice slightly, hand on my bum.

"Just a lemonade please," he nodded and pointed towards the table where Mark was sat, surprisingly with Emma! "Hiya guys." I pulled out a chair and sat down.

"Alright?" Mark asked, playing with his glass, eyes fixated on the table.

"Mark come on... hi sweet," Emma smiled before nudging Mark who followed with a brief one.

"Where's Gaz?" As Mark gave me a quick look I could see he wasn't happy, he looked as though he had been crying.

"He's by the bar, could you ask him to get me a glass of wine actually?" He just nodded and walked away from the table. They came back over shortly after, relieving Emma and I from the awkward silence as we didn't have anything in common to talk about and I didn't want to mention the baby situation.

"Glass of wine for madame, that was a quick change of mind," Gary placed it before me then perched on the seat next to me.

"Yeah, I may as well treat myself once in a while. Where did Mark go?" I whispered in his ear. He leant back in to reply.

"He's gone to phone Rob, I'll explain later." He pulled away. "You ok Emma?" We both looked up to see her crying.

"What do you think?" She stood up angrily. "Everything's my fault and you know it so will you just quit this!" She grabbed her stuff and stormed across the room, leaving promptly. Gary turned to me and shrugged.

"It's the whole baby thing, Mark's tried to stick by her because the other guy has just left but he's finding it hard I guess," he took a sip of his beer, suddenly fixing his eyes to the door like he had through the shop window earlier.

"Urm are you ok?" I began to turn to look but he grabbed my arm to fix my eyes on him again.

"Yes yes fine, just stay there I'll be back in a minute." He shot up, quickly followed by Howard sitting opposite me.

"Is Gaz ok?" I was worried, very worried.

"Yeah don't worry it's probably just Mark." I wasn't convinced but I went with it. I turned my head to look out the window and saw Gary's reflection, with a man. The man I saw in the shop!

"Howard who's that man?"

"Just a friend, don't worry about him just-"

"Oh my god it's him!!!" I couldn't believe what was happening. Gary was pushing the man away with Mark. "Howard it's Josh it's him get him away!" I was shaking, I was so scared. "GARY!" Howard ran over to the man to help as I sunk into the chair, so scared I couldn't control my body, my heart beating as I watched Josh get more aggressive towards the boys. I didn't know what to do. Suddenly I saw a fist fly through the air as Gary grabbed his face, throwing an even stronger punch back. Josh fell to the floor, Gary grabbing his own face while Mark and Howard dragged josh outside. Gary stongly walked towards me, determined as he grabbed my hand and walked my out the back, pulling his phone from his pocket.

"Taxi please, we've finished earlier than expected!" I could see he was angry and scared.

"Gary, are you ok?" I held his hand even tighter than before.

"It doesn't matter about me, but we need to go away for a bit!"

"But Gary what about-"

"Don't think about anything I'll sort it out, I just need to get you away from him, he's too dangerous and I love you, I'm not risking you!"