Chapter 32

I woke up the next morning after a beautiful evening of sex, wine and movies. I turned in our new bed to see Gary wasn't there. I reached for my phone.

"10:30, ugh," it was later than usual but I didn't want to get up, so I threw my head back into the pillow. I started to hear faint singing from downstairs, being interrupted by voices. I slipped on Gary's shirt and a pair of underwear, heading down the stairs towards a door I seemed to have missed the night before.

"But I don't want to singing it, you sound better anyway." It sounded like Mark.

"Yeah but mate it's not about me, it's what you wrote... it's about you."

"Oh come on Gaz you know you sound better doing it."

"He's right Gaz, I think you should," I think it was Jason. I didn't want to interrupt as they argued about who would sing, so I entered the kitchen to find home made pancakes sat on the side, still slightly warm. There was a note in front,

Morning gorgeous
I'm with the boys until 1 and then mum and dad are coming over, so have a pamper sesh xx

He was the sweetest thing. Next to my pancakes was a small package from Topshop, which I ripped open to find a brand new beautiful summer dress and a new bra and underwear (trust him to buy me that). I settled down to my breakfast whilst the boys played in the garden.

"What a beautiful house this is... oh hey Eve," I turned to see them walk out the room as Howard spoke.

"Hiya, I know it's gorgeous isn't it." I saw Gary and couldn't help but grin, he made me so happy.

"I was going to show the boys around now you're awake and then go back to the studio, was the package alright?" Gary asked as he winked at me, trying not to let on to the boys what he was on about.

"I'll try the dress later, you boys ok then?" They all just nodded awkwardly as they had guessed what Gary had bought me as well. "Enjoy the tour." It was 2 o'clock and I had showered, changed and applied a small amount of makeup. Gary walked in as I slipped my sandals on.

"You look stunning," he said as I turned around the present my new dress.

"All thanks to you Barlow." I smiled as he approached me and ran his hand through my hair.

"Hey look," he brushed away the hair from my neck, "the scars, they've gone." I completely forgot about the scars I carried. I turned to the mirror an inspected my neck.

"They have, finally!" I turned back to him and threw my lips onto his, slowly moving my tongue in and out as he pushed me down onto the bed. I began to unbutton his shirt as the doorbell rang.

"Shit, mum and dad are here, shit shit shit." He had got a stiffy the I could feel against me.

"Relax, I'll answer the door and you... I don't know do something about it," he slapped my bum as I walked out the room, I turned around smirking to see him undoing his shorts in attempt to relieve himself.

"Eve!" Gary's mum squealed as I opened the door. She pulled me into a tight hug... now I know where Gary gets hit gorgeous hugs from. She pulled away and entered the house where Gary's Dad kissed my cheek.

"Lovely to meet you finally."

"Yes you too, please come in." I lead them to the kitchen.

"This place is spectacular," they were both in awe at the house. "Gary's wanted this house for so long, him and Dawn-" Gary's dad nudged her at which point she stopped talking.

"Urm, tea, coffee?" I wanted to know what she meant by that.

"Time for some bubbly I think," his dad handed me the bottle of expensive champagne. Just as I pulled out the glasses Gary came in, smelling fresh and looking gorgeous.

"Hiya mum, alright dad."

"Sweetie your house is absolutely beautiful! Can I move in?" We all laughed as I handed out the glasses of champagne.

"Here's to our lovely Gary and his beautiful Eve who now own the nicest house I've ever seen, cheers." We all clink our glasses together after his dads speech, at which both the boys come running in. "Heyyyy Dan the man. And who's this?" Henry followed behind Daniel.

"Grandad this is Henry my brother." Henry had gone all shy.

"Welcome to the family Henry, were dan's nan and grandad... and yours too if you would like?" Henry nodded enthusiastically.

"Yes please, I've never had one of them before," Gary and his parents looked at me confused, making me blush because I didn't want to talk about it.

"So boys are you going to show us around the house then?" With that the boys led them into the garden to start the tour.

"He's never had grandparents?" I knew that was coming.

"No Gary, he hasn't." I faced away from him.

"But why? I thought you said that they lived far away which is why we don't see your parents, what haven't you told me?" I tried to comfort me by wrapping his arms around my hips but I pulled away. "Baby come on!"

"Gary it's embarrassing," I close the kitchen door that led to the rest of the house.

"Eve we've been together for over a year, just tell me." He was starting to get angry.

"So you want to know that my mum killed my dad when I was 18 because he forgot to get her the drugs she needed and that my dad was the only person in my life who actually loved and cared about me. He was the only sane person I knew because no one wanted to be my friend and he helped me with school." He just looked stunned.

"Eve that's not em-"

"It is Gary, because when people found out they thought I was some physco, josh was the only one and then look what happened. I'm a fucking walking disaster." Tears started rolling down my eyes at which point a fell into the seat behind me. Gary wrapped his arms around me into a tight hug.

"Baby you're not," he whispered. "Because that's the past, you have to make a positive future and you're not a physco, I love you okay!" He kissed the top of my head. "Look, you go to bed and have a rest, watch some tv and I'll tell them the alcohol made you sick, we'll talk about this properly later."

"I love you!" I said, kissing his cheek.