Chapter 26

I felt like I was back to a year ago again, disappointing everyone and just making them angry, like Josh was with me. Gary had promised he would never make me feel this way, yet right now I felt like it was the old days. I flung myself into the pillow of his bed, I'd burst out crying, I couldn't help it! I didn't want kids yet, otherwise it would be too early and yes, I loved Gary but there was still so much we had to do together. I'd clearly fallen asleep as I was woken up by a gentle hand on my back. I opened my eyes to a semi-dark room as Gary sat on the edge of the bed, facing away from me. I stirred to sit up and he suddenly turned to me, his eyes red a blood shot.

"Baby what's wrong," I opened my arms for him to lean into.

"I can't believe I waked out on you like that, what am I? I'm so sorry sweetie, I love you so much-"

"But what made you walk out Gary? Did you want kids?" This was the moment I had been dreading. He pulled away from my arms and then lifted me into his lap, strangling my legs so I was facing him.

"I do, but not yet. It just reminded me of Dawn and I... I couldn't, well have anymore..." I nodded so he wouldn't have to say it. "And that ruined the relationship I guess, not that I love her because well I love you Eve, but I didn't want to let you down!" He stroked his hands up and down my thighs.

"Let me down? Mr Barlow you were quite literally my hero... you could never let me down ok," I kissed his forehead, my hands stroking through his hair to comfort him.

"I do love you I really do!"

"I love you." we sat in silence for a minute.

"Can we just lay here all night long?" He lifted me off his lap and onto the bed, where he then lay looking at me.

"Do you know what's happening tonight? Because I do..."

"Oh god what did I sign up to?" I waited a minute until he worked it out, "Shit the meal, can I be ill?" He pulled a face like Dan pulls when he doesn't get his own way.

"No you cannot, come on get your suit on sexy we have a meal to smash," I pushed him so he lay facing the ceiling and got up, heading to my room where all my clothes were. I opened to wardrobe and noticed a new dress, another black number but this time long with a slit up either side and a high front, with a strap a strappy back.

"Cheeky bastard," I whispered to myself as I could see him smirk through the crack in his door. Once I was dressed and had done my makeup there was knock on my door. "Come in." Gary entered holding his tie in his hand.

"Can you do this for me please?" Again he looked like a 5 year old who couldn't tie their shoe lace.

"Oh what because you've never done one before," I winked at him and he got close, I wanted to rip his clothes off right now.

"Mine are clip ons, keep up." He winked in reply and stuck his tongue out slightly.

"You cheeky- anyway I was going to surprise you with the dress but you ruined it." I crossed my arms and pouted in protest.

"Well you can't show me until you put these on," he left the room and came back in with a box. "Well open them then!" So I rid, to reveal the most beautiful pair of red gucci heels, they were so elegant and perfect.

"Gary you shouldn't have!" I pulled him into a huge hug.

"Well I need my princess to be the most beautiful on a night she doesn't even want to go to, a my princess, let me slip them on for you." I felt like Cinderella as he slipped either shoe into my feet and helped me stand up again.

"So Prince Gary, let's have a wonderful time and get back because I need to treat my beauty in return." He blushed.

"Well I hear there's disabled toilets there..." He smirked and I blushed this time. "Now come on, I'm starving and the babysitters here so let's roll," and with that he slapped my bum and we left home for the meal. He is just so perfect!