Chapter 11

I wokemup the next morning to my alarm, waking me up for work. I opened my eyes slowly and realised it wasn't my alarm going off, but Gary was singing.

"Put your head against my life, what do you hear, a million words just trying to make- and she's awake" he winked at me, still kneeling by the bed next to me.

"Morning," I breathed out as I yawned right in his face.

"Someone has morning breath," he laughed, looking slightly nervous as to what I might do.

"Well someone else has a morning stiffy," I smirked, looking down at his boxers.

"Thats embarrassing. .. it's your fault for sleeping in my bed!" I shot up instantly so I was sitting.

"How the hell did I get here? We didn't did we?"

"No I wouldn't have let that happen, you were tired and wanted company so you sat with me. It was nice to fund out that you used to do secret pole dancing lessons." He sat down beside me and laughed.

"Did I drink last night?"

"By the sounds of it yeah, you little cutie." He pecked my cheek.

"Ah shit! Don't tell anyone that though, please!"

"I won't Eve, now get dressed you've got work and I've got a court case." He stood up, opening the wardrobe to choose his outfit.

"Oh my god I forgot that was today I'm so sorry Gary!" At this point I was stood up with my arms around his shoulders.

"It's okay sweetie, I didn't want you worrying about it! But don't worry I will get this little shit arrested."

"Thank you," I kissed his neck and headed back to my room to prepare for work.

An hour later I had dropped the boys at school and was heading for work, where I hadn't been in ages. I got in, this time after my boss who had a client in the office. I sat down, opening my notebook to see any appointments he had written in for me, but there were none. Not a single one. I sat there, vexed at the situation. I then opened my draw to notice a pile of letters, all looking the same. I opened the first,

"I will get you Evelyn, you are mine remember!"

The next one read,

As soon as I get you back you will get what's comin to you, you stinking bitch!

All the letters were threats from Josh. I could feel myslef beginning to cry but I held it in as the office door opened.

"It's a pleasure doing business sir! Morning Eve, how are you?" He was flickinv through the filing cabinet.

"I'm ok thanks sir, why are there no appointments?" I pointed to the diary.

"Ah, this is what I needed to talk to you about." He perched on my desk, this meant something bad. "We had a client come in, by the name of Josh Mears," I justed stared at him, I couldn't concentrate after what he just said. "He's bought a really good case foward that we could win, but we can't have relationships getting in the way, so I'm going to have to ask you to leave." I was speechless, I couldn't speak or believe what he just said.

"Well good luck defending that prick, because if you win the case I'm in danger again, so I hope you're happy," and with that I left the room, trying not to cry. I got outside and just fell to the floor in hysterics. I wanted to call Gary but I couldn't rely on him for everything.

5 minutes later a hand went across my back and helped me up,

"Hi, it's me," they said gently...