Chapter 22

Christmas couldn't have come any sooner! I had been so excited for this day for months that I had struggled to sleep, but here it was. I was awoken in a tight hug by Gary, who's bare chest warmed my body as he gently breathed into the back of my neck. The clock showed it was 8:00 and I could hear voices from outside the door.

"But what of we get in trouble..." i heard one voice whisper.

"Daddy has never told me off before..." another replied. I nudged Gary who quickly woke up, his arms loosening from around me.

"Morning," he moaned as he rubbed his eyes. "Merry christmas."

"Merry christmas Barlow," I kissed his cheek. "The boys are outside.." I whispered to him. He smirked and stood up, heading for the door while slipping into his blue dressing gown. As he opened the door he was greeted by the 2 boys, Henry looked so scared but Dan just leaped at Gary.

"Merry christmas Daddy!" He screamed as Gary picked him up into a hug and placed him on the bed. Henry just watched.

"Sweetie come here," i gestured to him as he ran over, "merru christmas baby!" I kissed him on the cheek and lifted him onto the bed.

"Merry christmas mummy, i made you this," he handed me an envelope and waited desparately for me to open it. Gary joined me back in the bed, with Dan and Henry sat at the end. Gary nodded as a gesture for me to open it. As i took the card the ripped up picture that he drew ages ago was in there, but this time 2 extra people were on it. I loved this drawing. As I turned it over i noticed a had written message:

To mummy

Happy christmas! I love you lots and lots and love Gary like my daddy. I am happy that you are happy mummy and thank you for looking after me!

Henry xx

My eyes started watering, it was beautiful.

"Mummy have i made you sad?" I looked at him and smiled.

"No Henry mummy is just emotional. Hey, why don't you boys go and see is santa has been."

"Come on Henry lets go!" Dan grabbed Henry and dragged him to the tree, where I could hear them cheer at the amount of presents.

"Eve are you okay?" He held my hand in his, trying to look at the picture.

"Yeah it was just a lovely surprise that's all!"

"As long as you enjoy your christmas," he kissed me on the lips before making it obvious that he wouldn't ask about the letter. "Come on, lets join the boys and open presents, i have some lovely ones for you," he winked at me.

"I'm a bit scared now Barlow," i winked and I dragged myself from the bed. He turned to me and smirked. "What?" I laughed, confused. His eyes wandered down as a huge smile wiped across his face. Shit I was in my knickers. "Ooops," i laughed.

"I'd put something on if I were you, don't want to leave a bad impression on my family, " he winked.

"Oh I thought they would be relieved you'd found someone who expressed themselves," I winked back before slipping on his trackies, that were slightly big but I couldn't be bothered to walk back to my room to fetch something. He began to open the door,

"Wait Gary," I exclaimed as I reached next to the bed.

"What?" He closed the door and walked towards me.

"I have this for you, a present if you want to call it that!" I handed it to him and watched his eyes to see his reaction as he opened the envelope and read the letter. His eyes lit up.

"The divorce is complete!" Is voice was excited and his smile beamed. "ITS COMPLETE!" He shouted as he picked me up and spun me around. As he put me back down he asked me the question I waited to hear. "But how?"

"I told the police everyhing and they helped me through it without Josh getting much participation but the old house is sold and no longer am I Eve Mears, I am now Evelyn Ellen Cole and Henry is Henry Thomas Cole. Gaz I'm divorced!" He kissed me passionately on the lips, as though a huge weight had finally besn removed.

"I do love you, Eve Ellen Cole!" He smiled his gorgeous smile.

"I love you too Barlow, now lets go downstairs and enjoy out first christmas together." I slapped his bum as he opened the door and we headed downstairs to see the boys. I was happy!