Chapter 7

We spent the day doing nothing, just chilling, watching films and occasionally getting up to check the boys were ok. I made Gary watch my favourite films, Bridget Jones and Nottinghill, then he made me watch Star Wars (of course ). I was laying with my feet on his lap as he stroked my legs gently. Gradually I fell off to sleep, missing about 2 hours worth of the film.

I was woken up a few hours later by Gary's gentle voice.

"Eve," he whispered as he sat his face opposite mine. "Eeeeve," he almost sung as he gently tapped my shoulder. I stirred and all I could do was grumble.

"Hhmmm?" I replied, peeling my eyes open.

"It's time to get ready for our date, I'm giving you an hour," he still whispered as he stood up and put his arm out to help me up.

"Oh yeah... sorry," I rubbed my eyes.

"It's ok, I chose your outfit, and I've decided that tomorrow I'm taking you shopping."

"Thank you Gaz, you cutie."

"Stop it you," he winked and pulled my from my sitting position so I stood before him. "Meet me outside the back in an hour," he said, pecking my cheek and walking off. Outside, why outside? I did what he'd said and headed for my bedroom to see what he had laid out for me. I walked in to see clothes neatly spread across the bed sheet. I saw my black skinny jeans, a blue flowered blouse (I only wore blouses), some pink socks and my cherry red Chelsea boots. Next to this were accessories, a bracelet I'd never seen before and a fur bandanna. I stood in confusion but knew that he'd laid it out for me so they was obviously a reason.

I hopped into the shower, it felt gorgeous to have warm water cleansing me for once with an array of shower gels I could choose from. I wrapped my hair into a smaller towel, followed by wrapping my hair in a larger towel before walking to the mirror to brush my teeth. I quickly scurried back into my room before anyone could see and closed the door, I had 50 minutes to get ready. Drying my hair I applied the clothes, having the socks overlapping my trousers so they could be seen above the boots. I applied a little make-up and perfume, so I now had 10 minutes until I needed to be downstairs. Sitting on the bed I noticed a letter with a post-it note stuck to the top, it read:

I was sent this and thought you would want to hear.

Gaz xx

So I opened it, slowly reading until I eventually saw what it had read.

Mr Barlow,

We write to you to ask for you to attend a court meeting about the charge of abuse you made on Friday 6th July of this year. We would like you to be a witness of the case as further evidence to prosecute the male, Mr Josh Mears.

Yours sincerely,

The Court of London

I just sat, amazed and shocked about what I had just read. My husband, arrested? I know he's a bastard but I did love him once, I couldn't believe it. I realised it was now 7:00, so I chucked on my coat and bandanna, making my way downstairs to the back of the house. I opened the door and there stood Gary in his blue suede shoes, smart tight jeans and chequered shirt with a white vest underneath. His chest hair seeped from the top of his shirt as he held out his hand.

"May I..." I took his hand and giggled as his soft touch was soft.

"You may Mr Barlow." He lead me down the garden, I was so confused. "Gary, where are we going?"

"You'll see," and I did just as we turned the corner, where his decking had a white teepee tent, wit lights wrapped around the edge.

"Gary-"

"Just be quiet and follow me," he winked and lead me to the edge of the tent, peeling back the cloth doors. Inside were an array of cushions, a blanket and a small picnic, more fairy lights lowing.

"Gary this is goreous, when did you do this?" I was amazed.

"I'm a pop star, I have to make time for many things Eve, now sit down." I crawled in and perched on one side. He followed and sat opposite. "Wine?"

"No thank you, I don't drink," so instead he poured my a glass of lemonade before pouring himself some wine.

"Eve, I asked you here because I have a question," he stared into my eyes and I couldn't break what was happening.

"Go on..." I insisted, desperate to hear what he said.

"Well, I know you've had a horrible time over the past few years.. so I was wondering I mean only if you wanted to-"

"Spit it out Gaz," I winked and tapped his knee, to reassure him I was joking.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"