Chapter 13

The next morning I was perched at the kitchen table with a cup of tea in my dressing gown. Gary did the school run today to give me a lie in, but he had been gone for nearly 3 hours. He'd forgotten his phone so I just waited for his arrival, nervous in case something had happened.

15 minutes later the key in the door turned and it flung open. Gary walked in, slamming the door and throwing his coat over the bannister. He had a newspaper in his hand and he began walking towards me, hist fist clenched.

"Hey baby, what's up?" I stood up to give him a hug but instead he pushed me out the way and threw the newspaper on the table.

"Take a look for yourself." I was starting to feel scared as to what may happen. I edged closer to the table where on the front page a picture of Mark and I was there, holding hands as he just helped me up. It had the title 'Gary's Girl stolen by Mark!' I just stood there, speechless. "Well?..." he asked angrily. 

"Gary you were there for part of it, Mark and me never-"

"Just tell me!"

"Tell you what Gary? That Mark was being a good friend by you and helped me up? Or that he was being a good friend by you and helping me and then calling you? That-"

"What about the kiss?" He still hadn't calmed down.

"What kiss?" 

"The one that the article describes, how you  lovingly looked in his eyes, tearful that you had to part! Hmmm?"

"Gary this is bullshit, I was crying because, oh yeah I had just lost my job to my abusive husband! Why can't you realise that I love you not Mark, I would never do this to someone." I was beginning to cry. Gary's eyes began to fill as well and we looked into each other's eyes. "Please Gary. believe me." With that he walked back into the hallway and grabbed his coat and keys, leaving the house once again.

I hand't stopped crying for the past hour. I had managed to get dressed into a pair of jeans and a baggy t-shirt. I was laying on my bed with my head in the pillows when Gary arrived home. I heard the door slam and his take off his coat and shoes. The stairs began to creak as he walked up them and I started to hear my door slide open.

"Eve?" I heard his whisper in his gentle accent. "Sweetie?"

"What?" I muffled into the pillow.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done any of what I did, especially not walk out on you. I just get protective.... Please look at me." I turned my head to see Gary perched on the bed, holding a big bunch of pink flowers in his hand. "I bought these flowers for you, I know they're your favourite." I sat up and began to smile again.

"Thank you Gary, it's ok, just as long as you still love me?"

"Of course I still love you Eve! You're everything to me and I never want to lose you."

"I love you Gary," and before I knew it he had started kissing me, intensely. He dropped the flowers on the side table and held my hips as I held his face. We had been going for ages and we then both opened our eyes. He nodded and I nodded. He began to take off my shirt, and then I unbuttoned his, slowly revealing his amazing body. We then stood up and un-did each other's jeans, both of us still stood, kissing in our underwear. He un-hooked my bra and pushed my onto the bed, still kissing.

"Are you ready?"

"I'm ready!"