Chapter 29

The next few weeks were going to be the hardest. Gary and the boys decided they were to carry on with the album, without Rob, but they weren't doing it in Manchester. Instead they would be in London, day and night writing and recording to get the album done before the summer. When it came to the day of Gary leaving I already knew I was going to struggle, even though Dawn would be only a phone call away to help me out.

"Baby you'll be fine without me," he said, tucking my hair behind my ear and with the other hand holding around my waist. "Just you see, I'll be back in no time."

"I know... I'm just going to miss you," I lowered my head trying not to seem pathetic.

"Hey come on," he tucked his fingers under my chin and lifted it up. "When I'm back we'll make up for-" he leant close in case the boys could hear, "we'll make up for all the lost sex," he winked at my and kissed me gently on the lips, pulling away before he could get excited. Suddenly Dan ran out and jumped on Gary.

"I love you Daddy, please be back soon."

"I will Danny don't worry, you'll be glad I'm gone in no time." He kissed dan's cheek and placed him down. He saw Henry out the corner of his eye. "Come here Champ," I still loved it when he said that.

"I'll miss you Gary," He hugged Gary around the neck as hard as he could before pulling away and holding my hand.

"Honestly, it will be the quickest 4 weeks of your life," once again he kissed my lips, before grabbing his bags to leave the door. "I love you," he shouted as he walked down the drive to his car.

"I love you too Barlow." And with that he waved goodbye. 4 weeks without my Gary... how was I meant to cope?

Only 4 days had passed and I just wanted him here so much. He had called me the night before to tell me how much progress they were making on the album. I just couldn't stop thinking about our anniversary night. He took me to the outskirts of Manchester and set up the scene with the tent that he had asked me out in, but this time at the top of a hill overlooking the city. And of course.. we made love on he hill which was definitely new for me. Now a week had passed and Dawn was coming round to keep me company while the boys were at school.

"So how are you?" She asked, taking a seat at the kitchen table as I followed to sit opposite.

"Yeah I'm good, tired because of all the cooking, cleaning, looking after the boys and looking for a job... but that's life," I laughed to shake off the awkwardness. "How about you?" She put her hand out before me to show me the beautiful diamond ring on her finger.

"Phillip proposed!" She burst with a squeal of excitement.

"What? No way! When, how?"

"Well obviously he'd been planning it for ages, but since the divorce he could continue with the plans. We flew out to France for the weekend and while we watched the sunset, he bought me out a box, in the box was keys to a new house but on the keys was a ring.. and well it happened then." I stood up to give her a huge hug.

"Oh Dawn I'm so happy for you I really am."

"Thank you sweet," we sat back down. "So... how's Mr Barlow treating you then?" She looked at me eagerly.

"Amazing," I didn't know what else to say.

"Go on, continue... any plans for the future?" It fell silent.

"Urm... well yeah... were planning on kids but not yet and I guess we've already moved in together, so there's not really much else."

"Marriage?" I swallowed hard.

"I don't know, I guess yes but not yet, it's only been just over a year." She nodded.

"That is true, but just make sure you know he really does love you!" She had turned serious, at which point I stopped drinking my tea.

"I know, and I really love him too Dawn, really!"

"Eve I know you do," she grabbed my hand as she preached to me. "Gary has never seemed this way with anyone, not even me. I know he is madly in love with you and would do anything for you... just remember that yeah?"

"Thank you Dawn, I appreciate it. Can we go shopping now?" So that's what we did. We headed into town and spent as much money as we could on new clothes, I even bought some sexy underwear for Gary, a nice surprise when he gets home..