Chapter 17

That night Gary was fast asleep, but I couldn't stop thinking about what his mum said. Yeah, I wanted more kids but not just yet. I loved Gary and I wanted him to be the Father. I quietly sat up in the bed and slipped a jacket and some shoes on, tip toeing out into the garden and sat on the small bench overlooking the fields. The sun was beginning to break through as it was 4 in the morning and I just sat, for some reason tears started to roll down my face and I couldn't stop. I closed my eyes to stop the tears when I heard the back door open. I still couldn't open my eyes. I assumed it was Gary as I could smell his faint musky scent from yesterday.

"Eve, sweetie, what's up?" He sat beside me and wrapped one arm around my shoulders.

"I'm just thinking." I opened my eyes and smiled at him, before looking back down and trying not try cry.

"Hey hey don't cry," he rubbed away my tears away with his other hand. "What are you thinking about?"

"Just what your mum said." I couldn't look him in the eyes.

"Wait.. about a baby?" He sighed as he leant back against the chair.

"Mhhhhhmmm," I nodded and bit my lips, nervous as to what he would say.

"And...?" He replied to my noise, I could see from the corner of my eye he was looking at me.

"Wait, what do I think?" He didn't reply, just eagerly nodded. "Well I don't know, not yet but I would like another, with someone I chose to be with, someone I love, someone-"

"You," he interrupted.

"What?" I looked up at him in confusion.

"You, you are that someone and I agree, take time. But I love you more than anything and I know you make an amazing mum." He stood upand then crouched before me, taking my hands in his. "So don't worry sweetie, we both want the same!" My heart relieved back to its normal pace as he spoke to me. I started to cry again. "Eve what's up now lovely?" He wiped the tears from my cheeks.

"Relief I guess, and I'm really tired," yawning as I finished my sentence.

"Well lets get you back to bed then ey," he winked at me before picking me up in a cradle. His strong arms bulged against me as we enetered the house.

"I guess I'm not thay tired...." I smirked at him.

"Oh, well that's good then," he closed the door with his leg and placed me on the bed, sitting on all fours above me and kissing me hard. "Lets do this!"