Chapter 14

I woke up, naked, laying in Gary's tight grip in my bed. He was still asleep. I looked at the clock next to my bed. It read 2:45.

"Shit, Gary wake up!" I started nudging his chest as I tried to get out his grip. He stirred slightly and moaned.

"Hmmm? What?" His eyes edged open as he came bsck to life.

"We have to pick the boys up in half an hour! Come on Gary!" His grip released and I stood up, running for the shower to clean myself up.

15 minutes later we had both washed and dressed, ready to speed and pick up the boys for football. We didn't have time to talk until we had sat in the car with 10 minutes to spare.

"Can I just say, that was amazing," Gary said out the blue, checking his wing mirror for cars.

"I will say the same about you Mr Barlow." I giggled because I'd never felt this way before.

"I do try my best," he stuck his tongue out as he smiled, meaning he was biting it. God it was gorgeous! "Eve I've been meaning to ask you something."

"Go on. .." I was a bit nervous at this point.

"Well you know we've been together for a couple of months now?"

"Yeah..."

"Well I was wondering, I know this sounds really old fashioned but-"

"Spit it out Gaz!"

"Well, will you come away with me to mum's and well... meet her?" He looked so nervous asking me as we pulled up outside the school.

"Of course I will, I would love to." I smiledd at him as he took a huge sigh of relief.

"Really? Oh I do love you Eve-" before he could finish his sentence I had started kissing him. It was a long one that was later interrupted by Dan knocking on the window. Gary unlocked the doors. "Alright son?" We parted from each other.

"Yeah thanks daddy, I made you this today." He handed Gary a piece of paper with a drawing of a boy in football kit.

"Ah mate this is brilliant," he turned to face his son as he opened the picture. "Who is it?"

"It's me daddy, it's what I'm going to be to make you proud when I'm older."

"Dan you have already made me proud, by being who you are! But I do love it, thank you."

"You're welcome." Just as I started to worry where Henry was he opened the other door and jumped in.

"Hello baby how are you?" I turned to him.

"I'm okay, can we go to football now please?" He just looked out the window.

"Urm, yeah sure." I turned to Gary, he oulled a concerned face at me and then looked in his mirror.

"You sure you're ok mate?"

"Yes I'm fine now can we just go!"

We watched the football to keep an eye on Henry. He wasn't being himself.

"Do you think he's ok?" I leant on Gary's shoulder as we sat on the grass on the edge of the pitch.

"Sweetie I'm sure he's fine, he could have just has a bad day." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"I guess you're right."

"If somethings wrong I'll talk to him, a man to man conversation."

"Gary he's 6!" I laughed.

"I'm sure he'll understand Eve, don't worry." He winked at me and kissed my forehead. I'd never been so happy.