Chapter 16

Gary stepped out the car and quickly ran around to open my door, taking my hand and lifting me out. He gripped my hand comfortingly as we walked up to the door, leaving our bags in the boot.

"Don't be nervous Eve it's ok!" He kissed my forehead as we waited for someone to answer the door.

"I'm ok, honestly," I sighed, trying to cover my nerves.

"Well stop shaking then-" He winked at me as we were interrupted by the dog barking and his mum slowly opening the door. "Hey mum!" He stepped forward to give her a hug.

"Gary, how are you son? I've missed you so much!" She gripped him tightly in the hug. After a few seconds Gary pulled away and once again took my hand, walking me in to the hallway.

"Mum, this is Eve... my girlfriend." He tried not to grin as he announced me as his girlfriend.

"Hi Mrs Barlow, it's lovely to meet you." I just stood awkwardly.

"Hello sweetie, call me Marge. Would you like a cuppa?" I assumed she was asking me as she just stood and looked me in the eyes, but before I could speak Gary spoke for me,

"2 cups mum, sugar and milk for Eve."

"Sure thing, I'll go make it up, Gary show Eve around." As she walked out the room Gary took my coat off of me and placed it on the banister. 

"Still nervous?" He stood before me, looking down at me with his gorgeously green eyes and his hands on either of my shoulders.

"I want to impress her Gary!" I looked away, twiddling with my thumbs.

"You don't need to impress her, you've impressed me and that's all that counts.. anyway you're perfect so you don't need to impress anyone!" He took my chin with his hand. "Now come on, come see my teenage bedroom," He pecked my lips and again took my hand, leading me up the long staircase to the top floor. Pushing open the door he revealed a blue walled bedroom, a single bed to the right, a desk opposite with a small tv perched on top and a keyboard in the middle of the back wall.

"This was your room?" I was amazed by the amount of music sheets there were in the small room.

"It certainly was, where I spent like most my teenage years, well of course until Take That." He sat down on the bed and watched my amazement as I looked through all the music he had written.

"Hey, it's a million love songs."

"Yeah, I wrote that in here!" He stood up and took the music sheet off of me, placing it on the music stand and sitting on the stool. 

"No way did you do the whole thing." 

"You can ask mum, I honestly did," he giggled as he pulled me onto his lap. He began to play the tune, the melody soothing me. "Put your head against my life, what do you hear, a million words just trying to make, love song of the year." His voice was so beautiful, I couldn't help but rest my head on his shoulder as he relaxed me completely. Once he had finished he moved me round so I was sitting opposite him on his lap.

"Gary... that was beautiful, you're beautiful and I love you." Before he could reply I pursed my lips against his, pressing hard as I felt a rush inside me. He pulled out of the kiss as his mum called us down for our cups of tea. Before we stepped out his bedroom his whispered to me,

"I love you too Eve, thank you." We went and sat in the living room with a cuppa and a slice of cake, which Gary scoffed as usual.

"So Eve, how did you meet my lovely son?" She winked at Gary as he beamed a cheeky smile at her. They obviously had a good relationship with each other.

"Our son's are in school together."

"Oh you have a son?" She took a sip of her tea, almost hinting for me to tell her about my past.

"Yeah, Henry, with my ex-"

"But they're not together any more, lets save that or another day ey." He gave me a sympathetic smile as he placed his hand on my upper leg.

"At least it gives Daniel someone Gary, he won't be lonely any more." Gary clearly decided to ignore what she said. "So have you two thought about kids?" I swallowed hard as soon as I heard the question. I looked over at Gary who had gone completely red in the face.

"It's not something we've discussed no..." He saved us. But now I'm panicking, what if he does want kids, or what if he never wants another! Oh god.