Chapter 27

We hopped into the taxi, both of us just wanting to be at home, but we agreed we would make the most of it. This time the meal was in a 5 star hotel, with a small fishing lake at the back of a huge plot of land, a driveway flowing through the middle leading to the entrance.

"This place is too posh for me," Gary exclaimed, looking out of the window as the sun still shone brightly.

"Oh cheer up baby, just a few hours, we can escape to the garden if it gets that bad."

"That's true," he smiled and grabbed my hand from next to him. "Thanks mate," he said as the car pulled up and Gary quickly ran around to my side to open the door and take my hand. There were staff at the doors to make sure only members could get in. "Gary an Eve..." he said, waiting for the nod to enter to huge hallway, with chandeliers and a small orchestral band. He still held my hand tightly as we wandered through, I assume hunting for one of the boys.

"Mark and Howard are over there," I pointed as I saw the two men over at the bar.

"You go and stand with them a second, I just need to go and speak to someone," I gave him the look I always did when I didn't want him go leave me, holding his hand tighter. "Ill only be a minute ok," he pecked my head and released my hand, watching me walk over the them and then walking away himself.

"Hey, it's eve," gestured Howard, nudging Mark who seemed a little low. "Hiya," Howard hugged me as Mark just gave a quick smile before turning to face the bar.

"Is everything ok?"

"Ignore him, he's just annoyed he has to be here... Emma's pregnant and he wants to be with her."

"Oh wow.... congratulations Mark!" I tapped his back and he turned around.

"Thank you, why do we have to be here anyway, I don't even know what this is."

"We don't know either." I was referring to Gaz and me.

"Oh well... it's obviously something otherwise we wouldn't have been invited. Drink Eve?" Howard offered.

"Urm... just a small red please." As Howard ordered the drinks I turned to Mark, who still seemed upset.

"Are you sure you're ok?" I whispered, with an awkward silence as I waited for an answer.

"I'm not the father," he bit his lip hard enough that it started to bleed. "Don't tell Howard!"

"I promise I won't," I offered up my pinky, at which he knew what to do and linked his in with mine. "Hey that's what Gaz always does."

"I know I do it all the time now," we laughed as Gary came up behind me.

"Something to be shared or are we making the most of being around."

"Oh yeah Mark and I were just discussing running away together, you don't mind do you?" I smirked as I could see him trying not to laugh.

"Heres your drink," Howard handed me the wine and passed one to Gary too. Mark wandered off, he obviously needed to be alone. "So how long has it been now then?"

"A year tomorrow," Gary quickly answered as he wrapped his free arm around my waist.

"Blimey! Time has gone so fast, I'm really happy for you both."

"Thanks mate," Gary answered agin, winking at me and smiling. "Anyone for you?"

"Well... I have been seeing this girl, I don't know. She's meeting the kids this weekend so we'll see how it goes."

"Oh wow Howie I'm glad, finally ey," Gary jokingly nudged him, before the lights dimmed and a spotlight was directed to the other end of the room. Gary's grip around me had tightened as he moved his hand to hold my bum.

"Ladies and gentleman," I sounded, I recognised the voice. Into the light stepped Robbie, who none of us had seen in a long time. "Hey everyone, so I organised today for you all."

"Should've guessed," I heard Howard whisper to Gary. Robbie had told the boys he was coming back a couple of months back and they were due in the studio in July.

"Well it's been decided I'm not coming back into the band... it's all complicated and personal, but I will be doing solo." I could feel Gary's hand tighten into a fist. I turned to look at him, his face scrunched up, also the same face being pulled by Howard and Mark across the room.

"Come on... were going," he grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowd.

"Leaving so soon Gaz, come on, enjoy the party, but don't dance you'll hurt your precious Eve," Robbie laughed along with his managed. In reply Gary stuck up his middle finger, walking out, followed by Mark, Howard and Jason who I hadn't even seen in there.

"What a prick!" He let go of my hand as we left, punching the wall outside the hotel.

"Can we do this somewhere else Gary, come on, let's go across the garden and talk about this."

"Fine!" He stormed across the grass. He really wasn't happy.