Chapter 28

I followed behind him, before pulling my shoes off to catch up with him. I quickly glanced at the others who were all stood there, heads down kicking the gravel.

"Gary wait up, baby come on."

"Come on what? Eve he's a dick, what am I meant to do now?" He wasn't looking at me and he was still walking away into the darkness.

"Will you just stop." He did finally. "I don't know what you're meant to do, hear him out? Let him explain before you all jump to conclusions."

"It's Rob, we all know it's because of his sex life, all he seems to care about is himself!" He had raised his voice.

"Gary you don't know that! I know it's a surprise but you don't need to react like this." He turned around to face me.

"Why are you defending him? Don't tell me you're sleeping with him because that would just top it all off wouldn't it." I swallowed hard, processing what he had just said. His face changed suddenly when he realised what he'd said. "Eve I-" I turned away before he could grab my arm.

"You really don't trust me do you!" I shouted back as I ran away from him, back towards the hotel.

"Eve are you alright?" Jason asked as I ran past, but I ignored the boys as I ran into the girls toilets, collapsing into the floor. Why didn't he trust me still? He knows I love him so why did he have to make his anger personal to me? Half an hour had passed as I sat in one of the posh cubicles. I heard the main door open and close so forced myself to stop crying until the person had left, but they just stood outside my cubicle, before sitting down outside it. I could see the trouser leg of the suit... it was Gary.

"Hi... my names Gary Barlow and I'm a prick that has hurt the girl he loves twice in one night." He paused. "What's your name?" It took me a moment to pull myself together.

"I'm Eve who had a boyfriend she adores that doesn't trust her." I rubbed my nose and my eyes, smudging my makeup.

"Maybe your boyfriend just don't know how to cope when he's so painfully in love with you and doesn't know how to control himself."

"Well... maybe your girlfriend over reacts sometimes, it's what girls do- trust me." I slipped the lock to the left as I pulled myself from the toilet seat to fall into Gary's arms, who had stood up and held me so tightly. I could feel a tear fall onto my shoulder.

"My girlfriend doesn't over react, she's the most perfect thing I could wish for." His hand started to stroke through my hair as the other wiped away my tears. "I'm sorry princess, I don't get angry often but when I do-"

"I know, it happens to all of us." We smiled at each other, holding each other's hands between our bodies.

"So you know it's our years anniversary tomorrow..." I looked at him suspiciously. "Well just make sure you don't have any plans."

"Oh dam I don't think I can get time off work," I winked at him as he laughed, his voice soothing me completely as though nothing had happened.

"Come on, let's get you home," he took one hand in mine and led me out of the toilets. As we opened the door Mark, Howard and Jason were stood there, all of them had been crying.

"I never knew you had it in you man," Mark said as he punched him in the back.

"Yeah, you're a really softy... Eve you're a very lucky woman." Howard concluded before the all walked away towards the exit.

"Night guys," Gary shouted down the hall before taking me to the other door and to the car.

"Were they there that whole time?" I asked, pulling Gary from his daydream.

"Probably, knowing them," there was a silence before he spoke again. "Were you going to tell me about Mark?" He seemed hurt.

"Of course I was, but just not there, it wasn't fair on him it anyone heard-"

"No I'm glad, I'm glad you kept it quiet, he trusts you you know." He looked back out of the windows as his hand grabbed just above my knee. How did I manage to get Gary Barlow?