Chapter 6

I woke up, my ribs bruised as I breathed in and out, whild Gary's arms were wrapped around me gently. I didn't want to move, I was comfortable, I felt safe in his arms. He was breathicng softly on my neck, moving my baby hairs and tickling the bruises. I hadn't felt like this in so long. Gary began to stir and he enhaled a huge breath.

"Good morning," he whispered as he unwrapped himself from me and lay looking up.

"Morning," I rolled slowly to face him. "Ouch"

"Are you feeling ok?" He turned to face me with his morning face, it was so gorgeous.

"My ribs are still sore, but otherwise I'm good."

"Good." He just looked into my eyes and smiled softly. "I know I didn't tell you this..." I started to worry, this is where he admits he has a girlfriend or something.

"Go on..."

"Last night I called the police, they arrested your husband." He looked at me concerned.

"You didn't tell them did you?"

"No no no, I only said about the abuse. I'm sorry I couldn't see you suffer Eve, I'm so sorry." He stroked my arm.

"It's ok, I'm glad you did so thank you Gary." I kissed his cheek. As I pulled away he smirked. "What?" I asked smiling back.

"I'm going to cook you breakfast, a good old Barlow fry up and a milky brew. How's that sound? "

"That sounds lush." He stood up from the bed in his tight boxers, his bum was perky and gorgeous.

"Stop staring at my bum," he said as he put his dressing gown on, he didn't even turn round to look at me.

"I promise I wasn't," I giggled. He poked his head back around the door,

"I would stare at my bum, consider yourself lucky you can see it, " he winked at me then walked down the stairs to join the boys.

5 minutes later I managed to get down the stairs as Henry greeted me with a gentle hug.

"Mummy, are you ok?" He looked up at me. I bent down to give him a kiss.

"Mummy is ok sweetie, do you want to go to football today?" Gary watched us from the kitchen and smiled at me as I looked up.

"Please can I stay here with Dan mummy?" I looked up again to see if Gary agreed and he nodded.

"Of course you can," and with that he ran up the stairs to play with Dan. I walked into Gary's black and white kitchen and perched on the edge of the counter. "Smells lovely," I said closing my eyes and enhaling the gorgeous smell.

"It does doesn't it," I heard Gary say into my ear as his arms wrapped around my waist, holding me just above my bum. I opened my eyes, staring into his, the green eyes distracting me from anything else. "Eve..."

"Gary..." I answered.

"I was wondering if you would come on a date with me... tonight?"

"Let me think, I have no other plans so I don't see why not," I winked and pecked the end of his nose. "Now Barlow, the bacons burning."

"Shit!" He turned round, wafting the tea towel to remove the smell. "You just distract me Eve, you gorgeous girl," he winked and served the food, leading me to the table where we enjoyed the start to our day... together.