Chapter 15

After football we all sat and had dinner, the boys watched tv and then headed to bed ready for school the next day. I kissed Henry's forehead as he pulled the covers up over his face.

"Night night sweetie, I love you lots!" I pulled myself away from him. "I'm always here for you."

"Thank you mummy, love you millions more." I loved it when he said that to me, it made me feel special. I closed his door and headed into the living room where Gary had already poured a glass of wine for us both while he sat looking through his laptop.

"What you up to hun?" I fell next to him as he still sat glaring at the screen.

"Jusy browsing."

"And is that 'browsing' more important than cuddling me?"

"Well I'd certainly rather be cuddling you but it is important." He still looked at the screen.

"Well what is it then?" I tried to look at the screen as he minimised what he was looking at and picked up his wine.

"A surprise," he took a sip and placed it back on the table, holding my knee with his hand.

"Oh come on Gary, now I know you can't not tell me."

"It was just houses Eve, that's all." He said it so casually as he switched the tv on.

"H-houses? Are you moving away, oh Gary please don't I -"

"We."

"We?" I looked at him confused as he finally looked me in the eye.

"Well I was just looking ahead, you know because it takes a long time to sell and buy and well I didn't know whether you wanted to or whatever-"

"Yes!" I grabbed his hands.

"Yes?" He looked surprised.

"Yes Gary, lets to it!"

"Oh Eve," and with that he kissed me slowly on the lips, his gentle lips pursed against mine. I pulled away,

"I'd better get to bed Gary, what with the journey tomorrow. I'll see you in the morning." I put my half finished wine on the table and stood up.

"I'll be heading up soon, night darling, love you." He blew a kiss at me and winked.

"I love you too."

The next morning I woke up at 6:30, as we were taking the boys to school and then going up to Manchester for the weekend while they stayed at Dawn's. I had a long shower and decided to wear a loose, pale blue summer dress as it looked smart but also casual. Slipping on my chelsea boots I headed downstairs with my bag to find all the boys ready by the door.

"Morning," Gary came over and kissed my cheek. "I'll take that for you, slip your coat on it's chilly outside." He grabbed my bag and opened the door to put it in the car as I found my coat. Gary came back in the house, "Ready?"

"I think so yeah, did you have breakfast?" I was feeling my pockets for my phone.

"We'll get something on the way... oh and your phone's already in the car."

"Ok then, lets go!" I beamed a smile at him as i lead the way.

After dropping off the boys we headed up to Manchester, stopping for food on the way. I made Gary listen to his own music, because I loved it and he never sang anymore.

"We're just 10 minutes away Eve, I'm so excited," he grabbed my knee with his spare hand.

"Mmhhm."

"What's wrong?" He pulled the car over on the lane (we were ona country road so it was empty)

"I'm just really nervous, about meeting people and stuff." I kept rubbing my hands together but Gary grabbed them with his warm grip.

"Eve hunny I know it's hard for you, but mum's lovely and it's only mum there at the moment, that's why I thought I would bring you. I just want to show you off." He kissed my cheek, "now come on, it'll all be fine." And with that he started driving again until we eventually pulled up the long drive.

"This is where you grew up?" I was amazed.

"It certainly is," i looked around at the animals surrounding the house.

"It's beautiful Gaz!"