Chapter 10

We were sat in the back seats of the car, Gary's hand resting on my thigh as we just sat in silence. I had a thought and turned my head to him,

"Gaz?" I questioned to get his attention and he turned his head to look at me.

"Eve my lovely?" He replied in his gorgeous mancunian accent.

"Will you come with me to get a divorce, as in from Josh?"

"What's made you think of this all of a sudden?" He started to move his hand up and down my thigh.

"Because I'm never going to go back with him and with him being in prison it will be safer and-"

"Yes of course I will Eve!" He was now holding my hand. "I will support and look after you, but why are you asking me now?"

"I was just thinking I guess... and anyway I love you so-" Shit I said it. Of all things I could say. But I did, I did love him, but what if he doesn't love me? "I'm so sorry Gary!"

"Don't be, because I love you," inside I felt all weird, in a good way as he leant over and kissed me on the lips. We hadn't even realised that the car had stopped and the door was open until a cold breeze hit my bare leg. He pulled out the kiss. "Now lets go show you off," he winked and pecked my cheek quickly. We both stepped out the car and Gary ran around to grab my hand and walk me to the little restaurant. 

"Wait Gary, I'm nervous."

"Don't be sweetie, they'll love you, but be prepared for them to take the mick out of me."

"Why would they do that?"

"You'll see Eve... you'll see." He walked me into the restaurant, where I could hear loud voices laughing in a private area of the place. The waiter walked us over as all the other men shouted,

"GAZ!" And stood up to hug him. After they had all sat back down Gary and I still stood as he introduced me.

"Boys this is Eve, she's my... ummm, girlfriend." He went red slightly as they all chanted,

"Gaz is in love, Gaz is in love!" Once they had stopped he introduced them.

"Eve, this is Mark and his girlfriend Emma." They both waved and smiled. "This is Howard and then Jay on the end here."

"Hey Eve," Howard said and Jason just smiled. We walked to our seats and Gary pulled it out for me to sit down.

"Thank you," he sat down beside me and winked, placing his hand back on my thigh under the table. 

"By the way mate, Rob isn't coming, he said that he'll have to miss out on any future plans for the band at the moment, you know with family commitments and solo stuff." Mark said, looking more serious that he had before.

"Fair play, but we're not here to discuss the band, we're here to have a good time boys... and ladies of course." He squeezed my leg and kissed my cheek. The night carried on and it was lovely. I had a lovely chat with Emma, Mark's girlfriend. They had been together for 4 years and had a small child. They looked so happy together. Every so often Gary would whisper to ask if I was ok, he is the sweetest thing.

"I'm just off to the loo, I'll be back in a min!" Gary stood up, tapping my shoulder and strolling off to find the loo. I took a sip of my drink before noticing that everyone was staring at me.

"Soooo...." Howard said. "Tell us!"

"Tell you what?" I gave a nervous giggle.

"How he asked you, how did he do it?" Mark urgently said.

"He set up a picnic with candles and stuff, then asked me. It was gorgeous." I could feel myself blushing.

"What a romantic, Mark you need to learn how to be like that," Emma laughed as she nudged Mark who just laughed in reply.

"We're so glad he finally had the guts." Howard joined in once again.

"What do you mean?" Taking another sip of my drink.

"He's fancied you for ages, he used to see you all the time at your school. That's why him and Dawn split up, he fancied you!" I never knew this. "I don't know what stopped him for so long."

"ah yeah, me neither aha." I couldn't tell them I was married, I just couldn't. Luckily Gary came back over.

"I think we best head off.. what with your work tomorrow," he put his hand out to help me up.

"Yeah ok, see you later, was really nice meeting you all!" There was a lot of goodbyes and hugs at this point, I just wanted to get home back away from the crowds. We were sat in the car on our way home.

"Thank you so much for tonight Eve, they loved you."

"I really liked them, they're all so nice!"

"I know, and you looked so beautiful," he began to kiss me again, we explored each other's mouths. I was happy... finally.