Chapter 21

"Close the curtain Gary!" I whispered as the knocking continued.

"I have, but I don't know what to do..." He walked over to me and kissed me on the forehead. "Should I answer?"

"Please no!" I grabbed his wrist in fear of what would happen to Gary and the boys. I pulled him so his eyes levelled with mine. "I'll answer."

"Eve I'm not letting you get hurt. I can't bare to see you like that again." There was a moment of stillness before there was another knock on the door.

"IM NOT STUPID BARLOW, I KNOW YOUVE GOT MY WIFE AND KID IN THERE!" Gary just looked at me and I looked at him.

"Your phone," I whispered, "call the someone." I grabbed it from the table and passed it to him.

"I can't call the police, he'll run for it!"

"Gary we can't just stand here and wait for him to do something because he will! Call someone!" So that is what he did. He dialled the number of the other person and we waited, still listening to Josh shouting through the door. The abusive words scared me, like they did when we were together. As we waited Gary hugged me tightly,

"It's okay beautiful, I'm here, you're safe." His words comforted me greatly, I feared for our lives. Suddenly I heard a car pull up on the drive, the door slam and someone walk to the door. We could just about hear the conversation.

"Can I help you?"

"You're not Gary Barlow?" Josh replied.

"Gary Barlow? He doesn't live here!"

"Yes he does, I followed him."

"Mate he moved to America with his new girl and little kid!" Our saviour was here.

"What!!? Give me the address!" It went silent outside and then I heard josh walk away, and then we received a text to say he had gone. Gary opened the door and revealed who he had called.

"Rob mate thank you so much! You're a life saver." They hugged and Gary gestured for him to come inside. I had never met Rob and I had heard mixed things about him. "Rob, meet my girlfriend Eve." Gary had the cheesiest grin wiped across his face.

"Pleasure to meet you Eve," he gave me a big hug before stepping away. "You're very beautiful, must be way to young for my friend here." He winked at me before Gary got defensive.

"She's my girl Rob, step away and no actually, only a couple of yeare apart." At this point he had wrapped his arm around me.

"Gaz i was only joking mate, anyway I've got to get back, big meeting tomorrow about whether I can join the group again. Slightly nervous."

"Oh yeah of course," Gary replied, "you'll do fine mate, we all want you back so I don't see why not. See you tomorrow!"

"See you at 9, oh and bye Eve, it was lovely to meet you," he pecked my cheek and headed for the door.

"You too Robbie, bye." As he left we could finally finish the wrapping and head to bed, not long now till christmas!