Edd x Neko!Reader: Kitten Heaven

Start from the beginning

Once I reached my work place, I turned off my car and pulled out the keys. I stepped out of my car and walked towards the building. I walked in and checked in. I let out a sigh. I had made it in time. My ears pulled back in relief. I heard someone call my name so my ears perked up.

"(Y/N). Hey. The boss said it's your turn to take care of the kittens."

My tired co-worker said in an unenthusiastic tone. I smiled and nodded.

"Of course! I'll get right to it!"

I cheerfully replied back. I ran off towards the door that marked "Cats." I sped through it as I was welcome with many greeting meows.

"Hiya my little kitties~!"

I purred put to them. I walked through them. Yep! You guess it! I work at a pet shop! But not just any o'l pet shop! In this place, animals aren't in cages, there in 4 ft by 4 ft boxes with white plastic on three sides, and glass on one side, the side people can look into them to see the animals. I opened the door at end of the hall of cats and walked through it. There was something amazing this pet shop did. There a huge area we let cats walk around so they aren't cramped all the time. I started opening their boxes so they could run around. In opened hours, customers could come back here and walk around to choose these sweet kittens. This was only opened for about two hours when we first open, then the cats go back into their boxes. We trained them well~! Once I was done letting all of them out. I opened up the toys place. This was so customers could grab these and play with the cats. I dusted it off and turned back to the cats. I felt something tug onto my tail which made me flinch. I moved my tail forward to see a small kitten hanging from it. I let out a sigh and grabbed the kitten from my tail. I held it up with my arms. It rubbed it furry face against my face as it let out a small meow. I purred as I did the same back.

"So adorable~!"

I purred out before I realize there were customers coming in. My ears twitched as I looked over at them. I let out a smiled and walked over to them.

"Hello! I'm (Y/N) and welcome to kitten heaven! Are you looking for a specific kind of cat?"

I asked them as I awaited their answer.

"Uh h-hi! Y-You're the n-neko girl r-right?"

The small child perked up as he asked me that question.

"Uhh... yeah! Meow, what kind of cat would your you like?"

"Can you teach me how to be a-a neko human?!"

The child asked eagerly.

"I... uh... I was born like this... I can't really teach you how... Now are you going to buy a cat or not?"

I asked impatiently. This wasn't the first time people asked me that question.

"Aww... Mom let's go."

They walked out and I let out a sigh. People need to start coming in because of the cats, not me. I turned back and the kitten in my arms let out a small meow.

"Awe~! Someone needs to adopt you~!"

I pet them small kitty as it let out a purr. Just as I was doing that, I felt someone put their hand on my shoulder. I flinched in that contact which made me jump away from them. Cat reflexes. My ears pulled back as I swung my tail back in forth. I stood in defense as I looked back to see who it was. I stopped what I was doing as I saw it was only Edd. I felt my face burn up in embarrassment.

"Oh! Hah... hey Edd...! What are you doing here?"

I said trying to hide what just happened. I set the kit down and it started running around in circles around me.

"H-Hey (Y/N). Sorry, didn't mean to scare you. I just wanted to visit you. I know your busy but I ah... I couldn't help myself."

He shrugged as he sunk in head into his hoodie. I let out a sigh and walked over to him and gave him a welcoming hug. I felt him tense up a bit at our contact.

"Well...! Thanks for visiting me!"

I pulled away and smiled up at him. He checks were painted pink in embarrassment.

"Is that the only reason you came?"

I asked, trying not to sound suspicious.

"Ahh... no... not really... I wanted to tell you something that has been on my mind lately."

He scratched his cheeks as his eyes darted away from me nervously. My ears twitched in confusion.

"Oh...? What is it Edd?"

My tail twitched slightly as I awaited his answer.

"Well.... u-um... what... what do you think of me?"

Edd asked nervously as his eyes darted towards me.

"Nya? What do you mean by that?"

I asked in a confused tone as my ears fell back in thought.

"What am I to you?"

Edd shoved his hands in his hoodie as he muttered out those words.

"I'm confused on what you're asking me Edd."

Edd narrowed his eyes as he looked down at my lips.

"Forget it."

Edd muttered coldly.

"Edd? Oh I'm sorry! I didn't mean-MMFT!"

Edd grabbed my head and smashed his lips against mine. My ears perked up as my tail puffed up in surprise. My skin grew red at our contact. He was kissing me? After a few moments, he pulled away. Blood rushed to my head creating a dark blush. Edd smirked as he looked at me. He started walking away towards the door. He turned back and stuck his tongue out cutely.

"Meet me at the cafe after you're shift is over. Okay?"

He winked and waved. He walked out the door. He left me in a blushing mess. Wha? Nya? What had happened? Did... did that just happen? I fell onto my knees and fell into a sitting position. Small kittens climbed up my back as they pawed my back. I just continued looking the door, tracing back my memory of what just happened. I let out a love sick sigh as my ears fell back. I grabbed my tail and buried my tomato red face into it in embarrassment. What am I going to do now?