Rick

Ricks wife Angela

Ricks wife Angela

MADISON

Madison's mother Kathie

       "Why in the hell have you been dodging the detectives!?" Rick snapped grabbing me by my arm as he entered the condo.

"I don't want to go forward with it anymore." I exclaimed firmly.

"You don't have much of a damn choice now Madison, they'll take it into their own hands!"

"Well let them."

"What the hell is wrong with you Madison!?"

"You wanna  know what's wrong with me! While you're away enjoying your time with your wife that son of a bitch was holding a gun to my head!"

Rick paused in shock as his wife Angela entered with bags.

"Babeee the views are gorgeous."  She gloated before noticing I was standing there face to face with him.

"Oh hey Madison, how are you love?" She asked trying to sound concerned.

"I'm fine thanks for asking and you?"

"Can't complain, I was just telling Rick how much you've grown look at you, listen I'm sorry about everything, we're here to support you Hun I spoke with your mom." She went on to say walking in my direction.

"Thanks, well excuse me but I better go finish packing."

"Where you packing to go?" Rick asked.

"My mom has a town house here."

I went to the room and began packing the little of my belongings and Rick met me at the door.

"You're make it look suspicious."

"Making what look suspicious?" I replied tossing my perfumes off the dresser into a bag.

"This whole thing, Madison he raped you, you need to be there as a witness to make sure he's prosecuted, what is this you mentioned about him holding a gun to your head?"

"I'm not safe! He can get his hands on me at any moment, he held a gun to my head and threatened me, luckily a damn security guard came around and scared him off! Why all of your lives are normal mine is falling a fuckin part day by day."

"Shit, Madison you need to report this to Ford, listen put the bags down we're going to the detectives." He demanded.

"For what! They weren't there to protect me in the first place!"

"Madison fuckin listen for one moment! This is serious! You want him walking free while you bare a child that could very well finish ruining his life, don't be so selfish! This is a very serious situation that desires attention, now straighten up and let's go!"

I sighed shaking my head, in confusion.

"You don't have a choice at this point, you're going or I'll never speak to you again!" Rick assured in a firm tone that I had never heard him speak in.

"We're gonna pay this son of a Bitch a visit, while Ford gets a warrant for his damn arrest for threatening a witness and tampering with evidence." Smith stated after I set there telling them word for word what happened.

After visiting with the detectives I knew I had to go down to the college and withdraw from school.

My mother was on the first ride with me to prestige.

As we pulled up to the registers office, I exhaled a deep breath.

"Don't you even worry, mama got you."! My mother said brushing my hair out of my face.

I agreed with a knodd and a smile  as I exited the car with her and we began to walk up the breezeway where the sorority sisters were doing a fund raiser.

It felt as if all eyes were now on me as all them
Looked in my direction.

I could hear them whispering as my mom paused in her footsteps and glared at them.

"Come on Ma." I nudged wanting this moment to be over.

"No hold on."

One thing about my mother Katherine she was a highly educated black woman who could get extremely fiesty at any moment while still staying sophisticated.

  She took the extra steps in their direction walking directly in from of the table they were at and Erika was standing front and center.

"I've gotten word that you little heffa's are the ones going around playing the bully of prestige, but let me tell you all one thing that's most definitely a promise and not a threat! If you so much as touch my daughter or anything else of her belongings I'll be at your necks with no problem! And you can take that to the bank and cash it!" She exclaimed firmly as they all looked at her with different expressions but no one said anything.

  I loved the hell out of my mother at this moment probably more than I had ever loved her!  She was a force to be reckoned with! Besides everyone knew my mother was PRESTIGE she graduated at the top of the class and put plenty of money back into this school!

"Now let's go withdraw from this bull shit!" My mother commanded as she approached me with that wicked smile of her.

  I couldn't do a thing but smile myself.