Chapter 12: Blood on the Trading Floor-Part 3

After they were done with Grace, Jones and Marie were back at their desks and Jones said, "This case is one big riddle and nothing adds up! But I refuse to believe that our killer is that smart. They're not smart like you Marie."

Marie then turned red after Jones made that comment and she shook it off and said, "Well, anyway the Stock Exchange Center needs to open back up for business so we should hurry up and finish our work down there."

Just as they were about to leave, Ramirez called out to Marie and said, "Corporal, I just arrested Kate Murphy for breaking into the Gecko Street Station. She's asking to speak with you."

Marie thanked Ramirez and she began thinking about whether she and Jones should go to the stock exchange first or talk to Kate first. After thinking for a little while, Marie decided to check the stock exchange first before talking to Kate. Soon, the two officers left the station and headed towards their destination. Once they got there, Marie and Jones started searching around for clues. Suddenly, Marie found two items that seem useful; one was a smartphone that could've been the victim's and the other was a torn up contract.

As soon as Marie picked up the smartphone, she began pressing the numbers on the lock screen until it she found the right numbers and it unlocked showing her the home screen. Once that was done, she bagged the phone for Alex to analyze when they got back. After the phone was done, Marie picked up the torn contract and she began to put it back together. Once it was taped, Marie and Jones saw the contract was unsigned for Samuel Rye and Alden Greene. When Jones saw Alden's name he a surprised look on his face.

Marie then looked over the contract and said, "From the look of this contract, it seems like Sam was on the cusp if signing Mr. Greene as his client."

Jones then scrunched his teeth and said, "Marie, remember when Alden met with us because of the casino. Bullshit! He just wanted to keep track of the case to protect himself!" And soon they left the stock exchange to go talk to Alden Greene about his business relations with the victim.

When Jones and Marie arrived at Alden Greene's office, Jones approached the man and showed him the contract and he said to him, "Mr. Greene, we would have appreciated you telling us you that you were planning on going into business with the late Samuel Rye."

"I apologize for not telling you, but these kind of deals need to stay secret or I could risk losing big money," Alden said to the officers.

Alden then told them that he needed a new stock trader to help manage his money and it was between Harry Krane, Samuel Rye and Jack Ryan. In the end, he chose Sam because he was by far the best. They were going to sign the contract on this day, but things didn't go according to plan with Sam. After they were done talking with Alden Greene, Marie and Jones were heading back to the station when Jones said, "Sam getting that contract, sounds like the kind of thing stock traders could kill for."

Suddenly, Marie's phone rang and when she answered it, Ramirez was on the other end and he said, "Corporal, I've got information you asked me for concerning which of your suspects use face cream. And it turns out they all do except Alden Greene."

Marie then told him good job and when she hung up, she looked towards her partner and asked, "So Jones, where does that leave use?"

As soon as they got back and headed into the station, Jones said to his partner, "We talk to Kate Murphy and see what she has to spill."

Once they entered the interrogation room, Marie looked the girl in the eyes and she asked her what she was doing at the station and she explained, "Okay I confess! I sell barbiturates to the stock traders at their parties and I was scared you would find out. So, I went back to the station to cover my tracks. It was the last time I promise! It's just that I really needed the extra money and I want to stop working for the casino. I can't stand it any longer!"