Chapter 37: The Reaper and the Geek-Part 2

At their desks, Jones got a headache cause he was confused by everything geeky and he couldn't understand all the cultural references. Just then, Alex came by wearing a Mister Amazing costume and told them that he was to be Marie's partner throughout the rest of the case. Marie was standing there shocked and surprised, while Jones crossed his arms and gave Alex a skeptic look and said, "Really Alex, the chief asked you to assist Marie for this case? Well, I won't say no to a little vacation, so let me summarize our progress for you."

Jones then started to explain what they know so far. He told him that Joe Turner was pushed over the rail at the Sci-Fi Fantasy Festival and he got impaled on one of the promotional statues. After that, his murderer left him in display fie everyone to see. Jones then said, "And from what we've seen, everyone seemed to hate the guy. For now, we don't really know where else we can turn..."

Alex then interrupted Jones and said, "Are you kidding me? If something bad happened at the festival, Irma would definitely know more about it! She Grimsborough's top source in gossip!"

Alex then turned to Marie and said, "You remember Irma right? You met her during the musician case. All the festival attendants go at eat at her diner, so we'll learn something there for sure!"

Marie sighed and told Alex that she'll go along with him and Jones walked away wishing her luck and that he'll see her later. Before they left, Alex looked at Marie up and down and said, "But first, I think a little costume change is in order."

Marie's eyes went wide when he said that and she said, "Are you crazy?! I worked hard on this!"

"I know, but I think since we're gonna be partners for the day, I think you should wear the costume that made for you. Cause between you and me, Archer isn't much of a hero," Alex said and he took Marie's wrist and dragged her to his lab.

Once Alex pushed Marie into the tech lab, Marie looked skeptically at the outfit hanging on the hanger and she asked Alex who was standing outside, "Are you sure this is it Alex? It looks kind of skimpy."

Alex called back to her, "Of course it is! I had it made and chosen for you. And don't mind the look, wearing it is all that counts. You can wear your original outfit as soon as the case is done."

Alex heard Marie sigh and he heard her starting to change. As Marie was changing, she asked him, "So why are you wearing that Mister Amazing outfit anyway Alex?"

"I requested it to King and he gratefully accepted it. My uncle loved Mister Amazing when he was a kid and he gave me a lot of his old vintage comics. I read them all cover to cover more than once and I never got tired of them. Now are you changed yet? We gotta go so shake a tail feather woman," Alex said.

Once Marie stepped out, she blushed in embarrassment when Alex saw her wearing the outfit Starfire wears in Teen Titans. Marie the asked, "Couldn't you have given me Raven's outfit instead? At least it doesn't show a lot of skin."

"I thought about it, but I think that looks better on you. Shows you your feminine side," Alex said.

Marie sighed and told Alex she'll go along with it, but she requested that they take a car and not Alex's scooter cause that would be too embarrassing for her. Alex then whined, "Why not? I had pimped out just for this day! Can we please take it?" And he gave Marie the puppy dog eyes and Marie tried not to give in, but she couldn't ignore it for more than a few seconds and she gave in.

(AN: Here's Starfire for those of you who don't know her or the original Teen Titans before the chibi version Teen Titans Go😉)