Chapter 41: The Rorschach Reaper-Part 2

At the police station, Alex frantically ran up to Marie and told her that Cathy has disappeared. He tried everything to find her, but it seems like she just vanished. Alex then started to tear up and Saadi, "I'm sure it's because of the chief cause I saw her storm off and she looked so angry! What she's gone and gotten into trouble?"

Jones started to tell Alex that Cathy can't be too far, when his phone started to ring. Thinking it could be Cathy calling, Jones answered it and when he did, he said on the other end, "What are you playing at Cathy? We're all worried sick about you!"

Unbeknownst to them, Cathy was dressed in her @rtist attire and said, "There's no Cathy here cause some people think that she can't handle the heat. You're talking to the @rtist. I've got a clue for Marie. Dean Walker's officehides a lot more than meets the eye. If I were you, I'd go and have a look."

Just as Cathy was about to hang up, Jones protested for her not to hang up and Chief King won't know about it. He then told the girl that they have to talk to her and they'll call her back soon. After Jones was done talking to Cathy, the two officers headed to the Dean's office to look at it. Once they got there, Marie started to look around until she found tablet and she started to type in the password. After a few seconds, Marie unlocked the tablet and when she looked at it closely, she saw that it holds the files of every student in the university.

Both Jones and Marie looked and saw the last file that was accessed was Madison's and it had a ton of data on it. Marie suggested that should send the tablet to Alex and Jones agreed. After they sent the tablet to Alex, Jones looked at Marie and said, "Okay Marie, let's call Cathy back and see what she wanted to tell us. However, can you can keep a look out for King so he doesn't see us?"

Marie agreed to keep an eye out for the chief and once she did, Jones dialed Cathy's number into his phone and after a few rings, she answered. After she answered, Jones said to her, "Are you there Cathy? This war with your grandfather doesn't concern us. But if talking to you can help our investigation progress, then that's what we'll do! Now tell me, what info do you have on the Rorschach Reaper?"

Cathy sighed and said, "It's really uncanny, isn't it? One serial killer, but three different murderers, each one incriminated by the evidence. I figured that you might learn something from them, so I had a look at the prison's surveillance feed."

Shocked and surprised, Jones asked, "Cathy, are you breaching into classified information?!"

"That's what a hacker does, remember? It never seemed to trouble you before. I'd even say that you were mighty glad to have me break the law in your place! Anyway, I managed to access some of the surveillance cameras, but time is pressing and I don't have sufficient resources to crack the video's encryption myself. But don't fret cause I'm sure Alex will be more than capable of deciphering it. The video is on Marie's desk," Cathy explained and then she hung up.

After Cathy hung up the phone, Jones looked at Marie with fear in his eyes and said, "Is it just me or is Cathy getting a little scary? She sounded so cold."

"Well, I thought she became "the @rtist" to avoid worrying her grandfather, but after their fight it's starting to sound like she did all of it to impress him and it failed horribly," Marie said.

Jones began to think curiously when he looked down at the video disk on Marie's desk. He then said, "She's always been on top of things during our previous investigations; like, she was always one step ahead of us. And how did she even manage to leave this CD on your desk without us even seeing her?!"