Chapter 8: Beautiful No More-Part 2

Once he was back at his desk, Ramirez approached him while be tugged by a German Shepard and a King Charles Spaniel. Jones smiled and petted the dog's heads. While he was doing that, Jones said to the dogs, "I'm counting on you guys to help me do this. My partner's life and ours are at stake." And both dogs toppled Jones over licking his face as if telling him they'll do it.

Ramirez gave a small smile watching Jones get tickled in the face with dog tongues. He then told him, "Mac and Della here are the best. For the corporal's sake, I wish you luck." And Jones sat up while wiping the dog drool off his face and nodded in determination.

Once Ramirez left, Jones sat at his desk and began looking the case over and he began thinking it's starting to sound like a bad tv script; a dead stripper who happens to work for a mafia boss. Also there's a mysterious killer who happens to like cats and wears expensive perfume. Jones began to wonder about the letter Marie found and he noticed it had no sender's name and no personal info. Jones then remembered that Nathan said Trixie's killer hugged her before she died.

Jones then came to the conclusion that even though Trixie didn't know who her fan was, she clearly felt she could trust them and she must've received way more than one letter. He then stood up and thought he should go see What Biff has to say about any of this and he should also take a look at the crates that were next to Trixie's body. Soon, he took the dogs by the leashes and headed out to the car. Once the dogs were in the back, Jones went to the driver's seat and when he was in it he headed off to the delivery crates first.

When he got back to the alley behind the diner, Jones took the dogs from the backseat and soon they started sniffing for clues. After sniffing for a while, the dogs began to bark when they caught a whiff from a bloody sledgehammer. Jones smiled down at them and thought, I think dogs have an inner GPS in them and he took the hammer and he bagged it hoping to get a sample from it. Once he took a sample from it, he was disappointed that there were no fingerprints but there was a blood sample.

Once he bagged the blood sample and gave it to an officer so they can give it to Grace, he approached Mrs. Holly and asked her if she saw anything else, but she shook her head and told him that she told him everything she saw. She saw the body, then she called the police, then she fed her cat and then she was questioned by Jones and Marie. Suddenly, the old woman remembered that she saw the girl holding some kind of necklace in her hand and she died holding it. Surprised Jones began thinking that he and Marie didn't find any necklace on the crime scene. Jones then thought, if he finds that necklace it'll get him closer to finding the killer and saving his partner.

Once he was done talking with Mrs. Holly, Jones decided to go to the Blue Flamingo to talk to Biff. When he got there and took the dogs out of the backseat, Jones was greeted by Biff and when Biff saw the dogs he petted one of them on the head and he asked Jones what their names were. Jones told him the German Shepard is Mac and the spaniel is Della and they're helping him with the case until he gets Marie back. Soon, Jones showed Biff the letter and told him it was for Trixie.

Once Biff saw the letter he crossed his eyes and exclaimed, "You say this letter was for Trixie?! Damn! If I saw it, I never would've let her go. She was always so trusting!"

Suddenly, Biff got an idea and told Jones he knows how he can help him. Biff explained that Alice is the barmaid at the club and she was good friends with Trixie and he should go talk to her. Jones thanked him and headed towards the bar to talk to Alice. Once he approached the bar, Jones asked her, "Miss August, can you tell me anything about Trixie?"

The barmaid frowned sadly when she heard her dead friend's name and she explained to him, "Trixie and I weren't best friends or anything like that. I invited her to my place on time but when she learned I had a cat she told me she couldn't come cause she was allergic."